Trithel International Consulting Limited – Our client, an oil servicing company with over 25 years enviable industry record seeks to employ an intelligent, self motivated individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit Assistant
- The Audit Assistant will work closely with the Head of Internal Audit in carrying out internal audit functions and promoting a ‘control culture’ within the organization.
Roles and Responsiblities
- Provides support to the Head – Internal Audit to implement the approved Internal Audit plan.
- Liaises with all Business Units to ensure successful implementation of audit plans.
- Assesses compliance with established business control policies, processes and procedures in all Business Units.
- Assesses and monitors adequacy/quality of adherence to internal control procedures.
- Escalates identified weaknesses in controls to the Head – Internal Audit and recommends workable solutions.
- Investigates violations of Arco Group’s operational procedures and makes recommendations on appropriate preventive or remedial action. Assesses and monitors adequacy/quality of adherence to internal control procedures.
- Investigates violations of Arco Group’s operational procedures and make recommendations on appropriate preventive or remedial action.
- Provides regular accurate and objective reports/updates to inform and guidemanagement.
- Liaises with the Finance Unit and Arco Group’s external auditors for the successful coordination of the annual external audit.
- Reviews the reconciliation of the book / physical inventory of Property Plant & Equipment in each location.
- Assists in monitoring the effectiveness of established Internal audit policies, processes and procedures and communicates identified weaknesses to Management with appropriate improvement solutions
- Prepares and submits internal audit assessment reports (issues, recommendations) to Head, Internal Audit.
Educational Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance related discipline, MBA or Masters in a related discipline is an advantage.
- Relevant professional certifications e.g. Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) or Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) will be an added advantage.
- Five (5) years cumulative relevant working experience in an audit firm, preferably the big 4 Audit firms.
- Age: Not above 35 years.
- Analytical Skills
- Business process and control analysis
- Working knowledge of accounting processes and financial/ business audit.
- Financial and risk analysis
- Audit standards and regulatory guidelines
- Compliance investigations.
- Proficiency in the use of accounting applications
- Integrity and objectivity
- Attention to detail
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Team work.
Application Closing Date
25th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected] using “Internal Audit Assistant” as the subject of the mail.