The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos, is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidates for the position below in the Facilities Maintenance Section:
Job Title: Safety Program Coordinator
Open to: All Interested Candidates
Work Hours: Full-Time; 48 hours/week
Basic Function of the Position
- The Safety Program Coordinator is responsible for assisting the post occupational Safety and Health Officer (POSHO) in carrying out the day-to-day functions of the Safety, Health and Environmental Management (SHEM) and Fire Protection Division (FIR) programs at post.
- As required by 15 FAM 845, the incumbent assures that all government-owned and leased properties in the country meet the requirements of 15 FAM 932 and 15 FAM 934, as well as other related Departmental requirements which may exist. Incumbent reports directly to the post Occupational Safety and Health Officer (POSHO).
Note: All applicants MUST address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Safety, Health and Environmental Management (SHEM) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines, required practices and procedures, including general specialist knowledge of environmental safety standards is required.
- Good computer skills, with proficiency in specialized software, database management and spreadsheets are required.
- Minimum of two (2) years University/College education or vocational training in Facilities Management, Environment Safety or related fields (Construction, Industrial Hygiene, Architecture etc.) is required.
- Minimum of (2) years’ experience in the maintenance or construction fields performing repair work, or in the field of occupant safety; with three (3) additional years of work experience as a construction supervisor or quality control assurance inspector, with experience managing people and resources is required.
- Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Writing/Reading in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
Hiring Preference Selection Process
- When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below.
- Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP**
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S.
- Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S.
- Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process.
- Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the local security certification after selection.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule
OR – Ordinarily Resident N7,759,507 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-08.
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – Nor Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$47,170 p.a EFM/MOH – US$39,954 (Full-Time Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-06*
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS – 174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS – 174; plus,
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g.transcripts, degrees, NYSC certificate/exemption etc.)
- A type – written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e – mail) submissions to one entry/e – mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E – mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit application to: [email protected]
Click here to download the Instructions for Completing DS-174 (PDF 2.40 MB)
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for Consideration. A U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority does have to Be assigned officially to post.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered.
- Thank you for your understanding
Application Deadline 28th June, 2017.