UAC Foods Limited is a leading manufacturer and Marketer of tasty, nourishing convenience foods. The business is a joint venture between UACN Plc of Nigeria with 51% equity stake and Tiger Brands of South Africa with 49%. We are a quality conscious company and always aim to add value to our consumers with our rich basket of Snacks, Beverage and Dairies products. Our foremost act of social responsibility is the nutritious, hygienic and safe products that we consistently give to Nigerians.
Staffed with the right people in key Technical, Production and Customer Service Units coupled with our rich culture of innovation spanning many years, we have remained a dominant player in the food industry. Our company pioneered the Sausage Roll market in 1952 and for over 50 years, Gala has kept Nigerians going in their journey to success.
As a result of the ongoing business expansion, we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Effluent Treatment Plant Operator
Location: Ojota, Lagos
- To take responsibility for operating the Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP). Operates the machinery that converts wastewater in drains and sewers into a form that is safe to release into the environment.
You will be accountable for:
- Performing all aspects of sampling, monitoring, and testing required to maintain compliance with Federal State and Local regulations governing the wastewater treatment process, storm water and sludge management.
- Controlling equipment and monitoring processes that remove or destroy harmful materials, chemicals, and microorganisms from wastewater.
- Keeping records of wastewater (influent and treated effluent) quality and other indicators. Responsible for waste management programs and activities in line with the set business processes.
- Operating and maintaining the pumps and motors that move water and wastewater through filtration systems. Fixing chemical leaks and oxygen deficiencies.
- Assisting in the performance of regular and unscheduled maintenance and repairs on all plant equipment and machinery.
- Responding to emergencies and breakdowns at the plant and pump stations.
- Conducting necessary weekend checks of the treatment plant on a rotational basis.
- Maintaining open communications with the Engineering Service Manager or the Facility Manager regarding the treatment process and pump stations malfunctions, as well as make recommendations for repairs and improvements to these systems.
- Ensuring all activities / work done are in conformance with Occupational Safety and Health Act regulations.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of a workable HSE Management System (HSE-MS)
- Participating in HSE inspections, audit of project sites and facilities, accident investigation and reporting
- Ensuring health and safety systems, policies, procedures, and programs used to manage jobs are understood and are utilized by company and contract personnel.
- Participating in the delivery of health safety and environment training programs. Deliver training and induction to visitors, contractors, and employees.
- Conducting and participating in review, inspections and audits of contractors, their equipment and programs to ensure compliance with company and Regulatory requirements.
- Providing effective health and safety communication throughout all levels of the workforce
- Carrying out daily environmental/hygiene, safety audit and generating reports which must be followed up to ensure all observations and non-compliances are closed.
- Carrying out daily risk assessment of the site and ensuring all observations and non-compliances are duly communicated to the Health Safety & Environment Manager, and followed up to ensure closure
- Ensuring that the daily pest Management surveillance is maintained by the consultant and fumigation is carried out by the service provider as at when due with proper record keeping.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A minimum of OND in an Engineering discipline.
- 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing entity preferably FMCG
- Organisational, and interpersonal communication skills
- Sound Business & Engineering knowledge with relevant technical skills
- Self-confident and good external orientation
- Student membership of an Engineering institute or other relevant professional body is an added advantage
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as the subject of email.
Application Deadline: 11th March, 2021.