UAC of Nigeria Plc
is a leading private sector enterprise, which has played prominent roles in the development of the country since 1879. A diversified, food-focused company, UAC’s operations span the manufacturing, services, logistics and warehousing and real estate sectors of the economy.
JOB TITLE: CONTRACTS & INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY MANAGER
Reporting to the Company Secretary/Legal Adviser, the Contracts & Intellectual Property Manager will be responsible for negotiation, drafting and vetting of all Contracts, Agreements, Leases, Joint Venture arrangements, group wide licenses, legal aspects of franchising, and the management of intellectual property (trademarks, copyright, patents and designs, confidential information etc.) of . the group.
Specific Job Roles
• Drafting, vetting and negotiating agreements, leases, franchises, licenses, Joint Venture Agreements, and other forms of Agreements for UAC of Nigeria Plc and its Business Units;
• Manage the intellectual property portfolio of UAC of Nigeria Plc and its Business Units including but not limited to registration and protection of Trade Marks, Designs, Patents, etc. within and outside Nigeria and on the web; management of copyright and confidential information etc.
• Develop and implement an effective contract management process including contract depository, contract register, contract templates, contract filing and contract status reporting and compliance feedback;
• Provide input into development and maintenance of an IP database system requirements.
The ideal candidate must:
• Have at least a second class upper degree in law;
• Have at least 10 years post call experience of which 8 years should have been spent in a similar position of a multinational company/conglomerate or top range multi-structured legal practice with focus on commercial law, real estate law, legal drafting & conveyance, intellectual property management, law of franchising and joint venture agreements.
• Be computer literate;
• Have excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Be able to draft complex contracts, amendments, bids, deeds and other legal documents.
REMUNERATION: Very competitive in line with Industry Practice.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Short listed candidates will be contacted via email.