UHR Consult is an HR advisory and talent acquisition firm with expert consultants and headhunters who are fully into the business of HR Advisory, researching, headhunting and attracting the best fit for her clients. We are recruiting on behalf of our client to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cashier
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Responsible for ensuring checking out customer purchases, assists with ordering of the goods/services offered by the restaurant.
- Making sure there is accuracy in recording of sales transactions and security of the cash in the cash register machine and consistent compliance to cashiering standards to efficiently and effectively serve the customers.
- Take Customer orders and records in the POS system at the counter
- Receive payments and presents change to customers
- Ensuring that each and every requests of the customer is precisely and accurately entered
- Ensuring that all the money received are correctly registered in the cash register machine, following strict compliance to the cashiering standards
- Receive food or drinks bills from waiters or customers
- Administer the register, including all credit and cash operations
- Assist in other departments and perform other related duties as needed
- Performs daily reconciliation to ensure that there is a balance of the register at the end of the working period
- Balance cash drawers at the end of each shift and make sure that any discrepancies are resolved prior to close down
- Count cash at the beginning of each shift and make sure that there is enough change available
- Fill out blank deposit slips and deposit all earned cash at the end of the day
- Sort, count and wrap cash and arrange for it to be deposited to the bank
- Record totalled amounts, including expenses in the restaurant database
- Manage the cash register, perform bookkeeping activities and generate cash and credit reports
- Take and process orders for takeout and deliveries and follow up to make sure that they are prepared on time
- Ensures that menus display the correct pricing and update changes as requested
- Resolves customer complaints by providing them with the highest level of service
- Minimum of OND in Accounting
- Any related certification is an advantage but not mandatory
- Fresh graduate, 1-year related work experience is an advantage
- Knowledge of Point of Sale (POS) system Debit-Credit transactions and gift cheques
- Use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of basic book keeping and excellent numeracy skills.
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to use other necessary electronic equipment.
- Keen attention to details.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Sums up customers totals and print out bills after ensuring that the amounts are accurate.
- Ability to handle and accurately count cash.
- Process cash and credit/debit card payments and tender change and receipts.
- Must possess excellent reports preparation.
- Count and reconcile receipts with monies received.
- Will work in any capacity as per the request of the designated supervisor or management.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF format to: email@example.com clearly indicating the Job Title as subject of your mail.
31st August, 2022.