UHY Maaji – We are Partners to a Europe based Packaging Equipment manufacturing company for the Food and Beverage industry. To service our customers within Nigeria and possibly other West/Central African Countries, we require the service of the vacant position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Personnel
1.) Provide support to supervisors and staff to develop the skills and capabilities of staff
- Ensure that accurate job descriptions are in place
- Provide advice and assistance with writing job descriptions
- Provide basic counseling to staff who have performance related obstacles
- Provide advice and assistance in developing human resource plans
- Provide staff orientations
- Access funding for training and write proposals
- Provide advice and assistance when conducting staff performance evaluations
- Identify training and development opportunities
- Organize staff training sessions, workshops and activities
- Process employee requests for outside training while complying with polices and procedures
2.) Monitor staff performance and attendance activities
- Monitor daily attendance.
- Monitor scheduled absences such as holidays or travel and coordinate actions to ensure the staff absence has been adequately covered off to ensure continuity of services.
- Inform affected staff or residents of unexpected absences from work and coordinate actions ensuring the continuity of services such as cancellation of events and locating keys.
- Investigate and understand causes for staff absences.
- Recommend solutions to resolve chronic attendance difficulties.
- Provide basic counseling to staff who have performance related obstacles.
- Provide advice and recommendations on disciplinary actions.
3.) Coordinate staff recruitment and selection process in order to ensure a timely organized and comprehensive procedure is used to hire staff
- Provide advice and assistance to supervisors on staff recruitment
- Prepare notices and advertisements for vacant staff positions.
- Conduct reference checks on possible candidates
- Prepare, develop and implement procedures and policies on staff recruitment
- Conduct exit interviews
- Schedule and organize interviews
- Participate in applicant interviews
4.) Provide information and assistance to staff, supervisors and Council on human resource and work related issues
- Develop and implement a human resources plan and personnel management policies and procedures
- Organize the transitional provisions of employee compensation, pay and benefits when positions are transferred or new positions are funded through contribution agreements and other special funding arrangements.
- Arrange for the repairs of computers and other office equipment and assist with organizing staff to carry out work due periods of equipment shutdowns.
- Attend Council meetings to provide information, when necessary.
- Promote workplace safety.
- Provide advice and assistance to staff and management on pay and benefits systems
- Research and monitor human resource systems in other organizations within the community.
- Explain and provisions of the personnel policy.
- Explain employment standards and legislation such as workers compensation, labour standards and Fair Practice Act.
- Perform other related duties as required
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 21st July, 2016.