UNDP is recruiting for a UN House Manager to be based in Abuja Nigeria.
Type of Contract: National FTA Local
Duration of Initial Contract: One year
Languages Required: English
Starting date: 7th December 2009
Under the guidance and supervision of the Deputy Country Director (Operations), the UN House Manager as the principal manager of large operational setting of UN Common Services in UN House with 18 agencies and approximately 600 staff members is responsible for delivery of operational support for management and administration of UN House, Abuja. The UN House Manager demonstrates a client-oriented approach, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Systematic management review of the UN Office Premises.
- Certification and confirmation of operational transactions.
- Monitoring compliance with all operational system and procedures.
- Participate and provide technical inputs in UN Common Services Work-plan & Budget
- Acquisition of all expendable and non-expendable property
- Arrange with government authorities for all operational facilities.
- Participate in timely management of recruitment of common services staff.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
- Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promotes knowledge management in UNDP and a learning environment in the office through leadership and personal example
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
- Ability to lead formulation and monitoring of management projects
- Solid knowledge in financial resources and human resources management, contract, asset and procurement, information and communication technology, general administration
- Ability to lead business processes re-engineering, implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change
Management and Leadership
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Leads teams effectively and shows mentoring as well as conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Masters degree in Business Administration, Management or related field.
Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible professional work experience in management, office administration, finance/account, some of which at the international level.
Closing Date: 6th November, 2009.
Click here to apply online.