UNDP is currently recruiting for a suitable and qualified perrson for the post of Registry Clerk which will be based in Abuja.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Administrative Associate, the Registry Clerk provides reliable registry services.
The Registry Clerk demonstrates a client-oriented approach, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Summary of key functions:
- Maintenance of proper registry system
- Effective mail management
- Cost recovery for pouch services
1. Ensures maintenance of registry system focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the office filing system in accordance with the UNDP Global Filing System
- Opening of new subject files as required and disposal of old files in accordance with the established retention schedule.
- Maintenance of archives, making sure files are properly stored and accessible; safe keeping of documents
- Provision of photocopies of material from the registry files, as requested by staff. Assistance in the collection of reference and background material from registry files
- Establishment and maintenance of records system of file movements within the office; maintenance of the office circulation and reading files.
- Preparation of correspondence and reports related to registry activities
2. Ensures provision of effective mail management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Receipt, registration, coding and forwarding of incoming faxes, letters and other correspondence to proper department/unit/officer.
- Registration and dispatch of the outgoing communications, including pouch, and follow-up distribution. Prepares the summary of enclosure forms and necessary documents and maintains the file on pouches received to ensure that all bags are accounted for.
3. Ensures cost recovery for pouch services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of information for proper prorating and billing of user agencies.
- Must be a Degree holder
- Secondary education High School / A Levels (12 Years)
- Some typing skills required and knowledge of sound record-keeping procedures
2 – 3 years of relevant work experience Ability to work with computer and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Demonstrates commitment to UN mission, vision and values
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Provides helpful feedback and advice to others in the office Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Demonstrates good IT skills
- Good knowledge of UNDP global filing system
- Understanding of UNDP operations procedures Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude -Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Responds positively to critical feedback and different points of view.
Deadline is 17th August 2009.