Posted on :
11 Dec, 2009
11 Dec, 2009
United Nations Development program (UNDP) is currently recruiting for a Programme Assistant to be based in Port Harcourt Nigeria.
Programme Assistant (UNITAR)
Duties and Responsibilities
* Preparation of budgets and support field operations at Training and Capacity Building workshops.
* Follow up on all outstanding matters with UNDSS.
* Processing of travel authorizations and travel claims.
* To prepare, dispatch and receive all out going and incoming mails.
* To take inventory of all office consumables and control the use of energy resources.
* To record and account for all administrative and financial matters.
* Taking down minutes of staff meetings.
* To liaise with Administrative/Finance Officer at the HQ on administrative and financial matters.
* Follow-up on payment authorization/certification for staffs and vendors.
* Conduct general administrative tasks as required by the UN Rules and as assigned by the Chief of Nigeria Office
* Records income and expenditure, and monitors the financial status of PHFO.
* Process payments to vendors and outside expertise.
* Preparation of payment certification to UNDP and follow up with payments
Corporate Responsibility & Direction:
* Promotes the new UNITAR strategic plan and goals of the UN
* Ability to translate strategies into real and achievable plans, with established priorities and capable to make periodic adjustments as necessary
* Able to recognize and respond effectively to new ideas, interests and concerns of other team members
* Effective listener and able to integrate ideas contributed by others to achieve organizational goals
Managing for Results:
* Able to plan and prioritize work activities meet goals
* Highly result oriented
* Follow up on work schedule
* Very quick in responding to departmental demands
* Good accounting and computer application skills
Partnering & Networking:
* Build effective relationship with key stakeholders in the UNITAR project
* Ability to network with internal departments within and outside UNITAR
Innovation & Judgment:
* Strong organizational skills
* Able to work without close supervision
* Ability to apply knowledge, information technology as tools for work activities organization
* Excellent creative writing skill
* Excellent oral communication skill
* Excellent presentation skill
Job Knowledge & Expertise:
* Ability to apply require depth and breadth of knowledge/expertise to meet job requirement
Required Skills and Experience
Education, preferably with specialized certification in Secretarial Studies/Administration. University Degree in Secretarial Studies/Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
5 to 6 years of progressively responsible programme experience is required at the national or international level in related field/effective communication skills
Ability to express oneself effectively in English language, both orally and in writing
Deadline is 17th December 2009.