The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: TA – Administrative Assistant Guest House – GS4
Job Number: 505716
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Work Type : Temporary Appointment
- Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the incumbent will ensure that guests are adequately accommodated; that guest houses are functioning in line with the organizations’ requirements and oversee all service providers in charge of cleaning, cooking, security etc.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Operate the UNICEF guest house to the agreed organization standards.
- Manage rooms on lease for longer terms and ensure tenants are accommodated satisfactorily
- Manage room reservations in UNICEF guest houses or elsewhere in UNDSS approved accommodations for staff coming on mission to Maiduguri.
- Operate where applicable the restaurant/kitchen to the agreed guest house standards.
- Ensure that all monies are kept in a safe and secure area adopting the guest house cash handling procedures.
- Balance all financials at the end of the day.
- Continuously seek to endeavor to improve the guest house efficient operations, and knowledge of own job function.
- Attend office meetings as required.
- Provide an efficient and friendly service to guests at all times, accepting flexible work schedule as may be necessary for uninterrupted service to guests.
- Wear presentable full uniform and duty badge when on duty
- Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming.
- Ensure fire safety in the guests house at all times by adhering to all house’ fire procedures.
- Report on activities and Tracking and reviewing key data including occupancy statistics, room inventory, and rate plans
- Comply with the organization policies in all aspects including the security procedures.
- Manage and participate in the check-in and check-out process, ensuring that it is swift, efficient and pleasant
- Oversee guest departure process, ensuring accounts are properly charged, correct statements are provided and ensuring guest satisfaction while encouraging future business
- Ensure that financial transactions are properly recorded and manage guest house services budgets
- Keep track of inventory and ordering of supplies related to guest services
- Ensure that contractors and services providers in charge of providing services at the guest houses, are performing satisfactorily as expected. Manage all service contracts related to guest houses.
- Ensure that the bedrooms are set up and ready for check in as per the agreed and advertised times. To ensure all guest house bedrooms, common areas and store rooms are cleaned by the service provider agents within the agreed time guidelines.
- Ensure the reception, kitchen and beverage outlets, common areas, stores, back office and staff areas are maintained in a clean and tidy condition.
- Ensure that all equipment, materials and lightning are correctly working in the whole guest house. Ensure maintenances and repairs are timely and satisfactorily carried out.
- Deal with any guest queries/complaints in a polite and friendly manner ensuring guest satisfaction and all complaints, comments, special requests and other business are to be recorded in the daily handover log.
- Ensure that all guest lost properties are correctly reported/logged.
- Ensure daily maintenance checks are carried out in all bedrooms and common areas, relaying any issues to persons responsible.
- Ensure clear communications with other admin units and other UNICEF sections to ensure minimal impact on guest service.
- Carry out any other ad hoc duties as directed by the supervisor and or all designated management.
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies
- Completion of secondary Education and a minimum of 4 years in guest house/hotel management experience in a recognized Hotel or equivalent. A First level University Degree and above, with two years’ experience in any area of administration/management within a Humanitarian organization is an advantage.
- Good professional communication skills, including ability to provide outstanding customer services and maintain positive employee relations
- Ability to work in a fast paced, stressful work environment
- Ability to use word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Leadership qualities, along with good organizational and initiative taking skills
Core Competencies (Required):
- Communication, Level 2
- Drive for Result, Level 1
- Working With People, Level 2
Core Values (Required):
- Diversity and Inclusion
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 18th July, 2017.