Unilever Nigeria – Welcome to Unilever, a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products everyday!
At Unilever, you can shape your own path as you work with the brands and people that drive our sustainable business growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Procurement Manager – Indirect
Job Number: 18000AJD
Location: Oregun, Lagos
Job Field: Supply Chain
Job Type: Regular
Job Schedule: Full-time
Main Job Purpose
(A concise statement setting out the main purpose and objectives of the job.)
- Responsible for tactical sourcing of Indirect Procurement goods and services in Country cluster Nigeria for portfolio Business Services
(Please describe the responsibilities and end results that would be expected.)
- Efficient, timely and transparent communication to internal customers and suppliers
- Work within defined Procurement procedures (Ways of Working) and adhere to the Code of Business Principles at all times
- Work in an effective, cohesive team environment (Ability to understand all areas of Indirects Procurement)
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Flexibility to travel. Average travel anticipated 2-4 days per month
- Integrating global / regional sourcing strategies with business and category demands, ensuring timely inputs to global/regional project development and OTIF execution of global/regional projects in the cluster.
- Act as first point of contact for the business for issues/questions relating to Indirects Procurement goods or services in assigned portfolio, Ariba Buyer and the service from IP 3rd party service provider (IBM) for Sourcing Unit/business unit
- Work with users in the Country cluster to analyse and collate information regarding current requirements and future needs.
- Develop, implement and drive procurement strategies for tactical sourcing in the cluster
- Support the procurement organization to meet goals and objectives in support to the overall Unilever strategy
- Engage with Procurement Managers (Strategic Sourcing team) to understand if a sourcing strategy and strategic contracts are in place for the portfolio.
- Implementation of Tactical and Strategic sourcing agreements at assigned site cluster level within the portfolio
- Support Procurement Managers and Cluster lead by providing timely and accurately assistance on relevant topics and initiatives as required
- Support Tactical and Strategic sourcing projects as required
- Co-ordinate procurement projects him/herself as needed
- Identification and initial assessments of suppliers for assigned portfolio and site clusters
- Prepare and manage supplier selection process for assigned spend and site clusters using available tools (BW) when applicable and standardised templates (RFI’s, RFQ’s)
- Work with the Legal Counsel and/or Patents to finalise commercial agreements using Unilever contractual operating framework of UPAs or MSAs. Manage and maintain contracts for the assigned spend and site clusters.
- Maintain frequent contact with suppliers, to review/resolve day-to-day issues and to develop current insights into suppliers’ business conditions.
- Build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers.
- Develop supplier service Levels, track and analyse supplier performance data, proposing priorities for performance improvement and follow up monitoring actions.
- Address / escalate supplier non-performance as appropriate.
- Ensure the satisfaction of Unilever’s internal customers with the Indirects Procurement goods or services provided by the suppliers within the portfolio
- Measure compliancy by business users to Procurement policies and contracts and take corrective actions as appropriate
- Manage individual Ariba Buyer Purchase Requests from the business including escalation from IBM, expedition of emergency orders, facilitation of Goods Receipt processes
- Source and negotiate for assigned spend and site clusters goods or services above €7.5k, where no contract exists and that are not strategically sourced.
- Identify opportunities to standardise purchasing requirements, and enable this in the form of a catalogue that can be loaded into Ariba Buyer
- Proactively identify and deliver Savings and/or Cash (via payment term extension) and Ariba operations in line with set targets
- Identify and propose cost reduction/continuous performance improvement (supplier) opportunities.
- Identify, implement and record Value Improvement Programs (VIP) and/ or Action Driven Buying Results (ADBR) in Savings Tool (ISIS).
- 3-5 years on indirects procurement in FMCG
- Cluster lead for country cluster
- Tactical sourcing team for country cluster
- Indirects Procurement Managers / teams (Strategic Sourcing)
- Procurement Services
- Sourcing Units
- Marketing (Brand /Category Teams)
- Customer Development
- Enterprise Support
- IP 3rd party service provider (IBM)
- Procurement Manager / Cluster lead
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 16th July, 2018.