United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria, UBA has grown to become a Pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Treasurer
Reference No: TRN001
Location: Lagos Island, Nigeria
Job Functions: Analytics,Banking
Industries: Accounting & Auditing, Banking / Finance & Investment, Financial, Services, Investments
- Proprietary trading, exchange Income generation and exceeding profit targets
- Selling the banks treasury products
- Development of Hedge products for the subsidiary and its customers
- Maximize return on investments by exploring available instruments that are within the Bank’s risk exposure guidelines
- Source and meet customers’ foreign exchange requirements by providing a competitive price and excellent service
- Develop and Implement an Effective Liquidity Management Strategy
- Establish procedure for monitoring risks, ensuring adherence to delegated/approved limits, for liquidity credit and market risk parameters and proper risk reporting
- Structure interest rate risk to protect the Bank’s earnings against adverse rate movements, while exploiting profit opportunities incurring acceptable risk
- Build and maintain a foreign currency sales capability to service the Bank’s customer needs efficiently and profitability
- ALCO reporting and implementation of strategies and directives
- Maintain prudent liquidity in support of the Bank’s business needs, while investing excess funds effectively and profitably
- Ensure that all aspects of Treasury are conducted within the letter of all applicable laws, regulations and procedures within the region
- Balance sheet management
- Liquidity management
- Develop and Implement an effective Liquidity Management Strategy
- Create new business relationships
- Risk Measurement, Reporting, Monitoring and Control of the Treasury & Securities in line with the group’s business goals, objectives
- First degree in a numerate discipline
- A postgraduate degree in a business/finance course or professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, CFA)
- Knowledge of derivatives products
- Knowledge of money market operations
- Knowledge of foreign exchange operations
- Knowledge of financial markets
- Knowledge of the workings of the economy
Job Title: Customer Service Officer
Reference #: HRLWCA001
Location: Akure South, Ondo
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Functions: Banking
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment
- To ensure the business office provides excellent quality banking service to all customers.
- To maintain contact with new and existing customers on routine account management activities.
- To engage customers in cross selling of the bank’s products and services including E-sales
- Proactively develop client relationships, anticipate and provide solutions to client needs and give high priority to client satisfaction.
- Accurately assess the risk profile, suitability and appropriateness of clients when marketing the banks products and services by maintaining an accurate and up to date call report, KYC database.
- Sale to prospective customers UBA’s E-banking products, enrol new customers, and resolve related issues.
- Engage customers to cross sell bank products and services
- Increase product sales, and customer loyalty by maintaining good client relationship.
- Open and maintain accounts in accordance with the established procedures. Apply regulatory requirements such as KYC, Money laundering Prevention procedures at all times.
- Accomplish tasks efficiently by showing concern for all aspects of the job, pay attention to detail and ensure that output is delivered at the highest possible standard
- Ensure that the customer’s instructions are duly effected by applying all standard checks and controls, coordinating with other department including head office operations and compliance.
- Ensure proper documentation for all new and existing accounts.
- Ensure timely opening of new accounts on the system.
- Support branch sales and service team.
- Cheque book issuance and maintenance.
- Dormant account reactivation
Customer Service Ambassador:
- Service improvement
- Ensure that all walk-in customers are directed to the right counters, assisted in completing transactions, and serviced efficiently.
Service issues resolution:
- Answer all customer queries, resolve ‘on the spot’ service issues; escalate to BOM, issues that cannot be handled on the spot.
- Follow up customers with pending cases, and keep him/her informed.
- Compile and publish customer satisfaction score daily
- Download Customers’ issues from the Group Response Portal (GRP) and monitor resolution of issues logged against the branch through the Business Office staff
- Minimum – B.Sc. in any related discipline
Experience & Knowledge:
- Prior experience in banking operations is highly desirable
- Relevant banking experience preferably supporting retail customers
- Sales knowledge, skill & experience (added advantage)
- Sound knowledge of Banking products and services
- Good understanding of the operational, credit and regulatory risks facing the business
- Business Development and acquisition
- Excellent customer service orientation
- High level of integrity
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- Selling skills
- Focused, Motivated & Results Oriented
- Paying attention to details
- Good interpersonal skills
- Fast and error-free processing
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Selling & Marketing Skills
Application Deadline 31st May, 2018.