United Geophysical (Nigeria) Limited is Nigeria’s oldest oil service company having began operations in the western Niger Delta in the early 1960’s and incorporated as a limited liability company in 1971. The company has over 50 years of continuous operations specialising in land and swamp 2D, 3D and 4D seismic data acquisition and has conducted seismic surveys for all the major oil companies operating in Nigeria. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maritime Lawyer
But not limited to:
- Preparation of all legal contract and agreement documents.
- Maintain all legal documentation within the department and ensuring proper filing.
- Attendance of court proceedings and liaison with necessary law enforcement agencies
- Follow up with concerned officers to attend the court and update management.
- Liaise with external solicitors on legal issues including but not limited to litigation at various courts.
- Ensuring all licenses, agreements and permits of the company are valid
- Renewing legal contracts before it lapses
- Watching briefs for the company with respect to all matters under litigation
- Interpret laws, directives, regulations and courts decisions as they affect the company and or services rendered by the company.
- A minimum of LL.B. BL and 2 years work experience as a legal officer.
- The primary focus is on laws relating to all activities on the sea
- Applicants must be able to draw up contract.
- Applicants must be able to attend to court proceedings and liaise with statutory bodies and law enforcement agencies.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
20th May, 2023.