The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: TA Nutrition Officer, NO-B
Job Number: 514645
Duration: 364 Days
Work Type: Temporary Appointment
How can you make a difference?
- The position will provide specific support to develop roll out plan for maternal & adolescent nutrition in selected states in Nigeria; work with government to collate the November 2018 and May 2019 biannual Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Week (MNCHW), and the planned scale up of Micro-nutrient Powder (MNP) in five Northern Nigeria States of Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Kebbi and Yobe to improve micro-nutrient status among children and women in Nigeria.
- Identify gaps in the implementation of MNP-IYCF integrated approach and propose appropriate measures and corrective actions to address the gaps.
- Assist in ensuring appropriateness of financial, administrative and supply documentation; verify that project expenditures are consistent with work plans.
- Coordinate development of training and orientation packages to promote knowledge sharing.
- Contribute to UNICEF emergency response in North-East by supporting to scale up of ongoing interventions.
- Carry out any other activity that may contribute to the achievement of UNICEF’s Nigeria Nutrition milestones.
- Assist to develop state specific plans/strategies for adolescent and maternal nutrition in piloted states.
- Assist to design and plan strategies for biannual MNCHW implementation.
- Support the government to develop work plans and budgets for MNCHW programme implementation.
- Support the government to implement recommendations from the recent external evaluation of the MNCH week evaluation.
- Collect and analyse programme data, prepare periodic progress updates and programme reports on timely manner.
- Assist in drafting and editing nutrition articles, press releases, human interest stories and other nutrition advocacy/information materials for both web-based and traditional media, in the respective programme areas.
- University Degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health and Nutrition, Health Sciences, International Health and Nutrition, Public Health and Nutrition Policy and Management, Family and Community Health and Nutrition, Nutritional Epidemiology, Health and Nutrition Education, Health and Nutrition Promotion and Disease Prevention, or other relevant discipline(s).
- A minimum of three years of relevant professional work experience. Experience in micro-nutrient and adolescent nutrition programming in Nigeria and Micro-nutrient Powder Supplementation programmes
- Experience in monitoring gender inequalities and in nutrition programming interventions that reduce these disparities and background and familiarity with emergency are added advantage
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd July, 2018.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.