United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), helps developing countries attract and use aid effectively. In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights, capacity development and the empowerment of women.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: ERT Driver
Job ID: 16666
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Posting Type: External
Contract Duration: Initial duration of one year
- Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the FSCO and oversight of the LSA, the duties of the ERT Driver will be, but not limited to the following;
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services by driving office vehicles for the transport of Police or Army elements composing the Emergency Response Team, UN staff, officials and visitors in the field office.
- Ensures availability of all required documents and components/gadgets of the assigned vehicle without loss of any.
- Maintains tracks of insurance and other relevant formalities and liaise with NE FSCO for renewal as at when due.
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident/incident.
- Maintains the standard procedure and practice in fuelling and servicing.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Ability to embark on field missions to states within the area of responsibiliteis
- Ensures cost saving through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs in preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- In liaison with the Northeast FSCO, ensures day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs and routine services as required.
- Ensure proper use of vehicle maintenance plans and assistance in preparing vehicle history report.
- Provide support for routine security patrol, escort and emergency reaction response as well as may be required.
- Provides necessary services like despatch and collection of mails as may be directed.
Impact of Results
- The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the UNDSS field office in Maiduguri and on the accurate and timely implementation of the overall UN security programme at the country level.
- Commitment to the ideals of the United Nations Charter and the Organization’s core values – Professionalism, Integrity and Respect for Diversity
Planning and Organizing:
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor his/her own work plan with minimum supervision. Ability to work under pressure or in crisis situations. Availability to travel within the area of responsibility.
- Ability to actively seek to improve services, offer new and different options to solve problems/meet client needs, and promote and persuade others to consider new ideas
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to listen and work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Proven and sustained communication (verbal and written) skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of Secondary Education.
- Possession of Trade Tests and FRSC Certification considered an asset.
- 4 years working experience as a driver in an international organisation, UN system, Embassies or government with a safe driving record.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, and local roads and conditions.
- Experience in diplomatic security, Security Forces and intelligence considered an asset;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
- Fluency in the most predominantly spoken language in the north of Nigeria is essential.
Other Skills and Requirements:
- Be a Nigerian national (male or female);
- Basic computer skills
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs
- Ability to travel
- Physically fit
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of HF and VHF radio operation
- Knowledge of host country safety codes;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 11th June, 2018.