The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), the leading UN organization in Reproductive Health and Population and Development, is recruiting a Health Systems Specialist for the Country Office in Abuja.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: ICT Associate
Time left: 14d 19h 29m
Type of Contract: FTA Local
Post Level: GS-7
Duration of Initial Contract: Initial duration of One year
- Under the guidance and direct supervision of the International Operations Manager, the ICT Associate provides leadership in execution of ICT services in the CO, implements ICT management systems and strategies, provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure.
- The incumbent is responsible for review and advice on the use of new technologies that will enhance the CO productivity. The ICT Associate promotes a client-oriented approach.
- The ICT Associate provides strategic and tactical leadership for the IT team, supervises ICT support staff and works in close collaboration with the Management Support and Business Development, Operations, Programme and project teams in the CO and UNFPA HQs staff for resolving complex ICT-related issues, collaborates with Regional ICT Officers (RIO), Regional Bureau ICT Managers (RBIM), ICT Managers and other ICT Staff
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation of ICT strategies and introduction/implementation of new technologies
- Effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages
- Networks administration
- Provision of web management services
- Provision of administrative support
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures implementation of ICT strategies and introduction/implementation of new technologies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the CO technology environment.
- Provision of inputs to elaboration of internal policies and procedures on the use of ICT. Elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in ICT in consultation with office management.
- Development and update of the ICT annual plan.
- Provision of support to the use of Atlas (UNFPA’s implementation of PeopleSoft ERP) functionality for improved business results and improved client services.
- Initiate and deploy innovative solutions in support of programme delivery.
- Ensures effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Provision of advice on maintenance of equipment and acquisition of hardware supplies, making routine repairs and change of hardware electronic components.
- Supervision of the implementation of corporate UNFPA systems.
- Development of new software packages for high impact results (e.g. office management system, electronic registry, etc) as required.
Ensures efficient networks administration focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Operation of network utility procedures defining network users and security attributes establishing directories, menus and drive-mappings, configuring network printers and providing user access. Ensure that the UNFPA desktop and network resources are protected from malicious virus attacks and deploy countermeasures in the event of the attacks
- Trouble-shooting and monitoring of network problems.
- Implementation of backup and restoration procedures for local drives. Maintenance of backup logs. Organization of off-site storage of backups.
- Maintenance of measures in place for business continuity and disaster recover processes and procedures including backup and restoration of both server and local storage facilities.
- Timely LAN Infrastructure and Internet connectivity upgrade to meet UNFPA requirements.
- Response to user needs and questions regarding network access.
- Maintenance of up-to-date parameters of information for the network clients and electronic mail.
Provides web management services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification of the opportunities and ways of converting business processes into web-based systems to address the issues of efficiency (office management system, donor profile software, knowledge management systems).
- Creation and maintenance of the CO web site and intranet ensuring that the content is updated and meets the requirements of UNFPA.
Provides administrative supportfocusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of advice on and assistance in procurement of new equipment for the CO and projects, provision of technical specifications and information on best options in both local and international markets, review of quotations and bids.
- Maintenance of the library of reference materials.
- Maintenance of the inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Procurement Unit.
- Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of the software and hardware.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification and promotion of different systems and applications for optimal content management, knowledge management and sharing, information provision.
- Maintenance of staff training profiles.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in ICT.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on ICT issues.
Impact of Results
- The key results have an impact on the overall efficiency of the Country Office including improved business results and client services. Forward-looking ICT management has an impact on the organization of office management, knowledge sharing, and information provision.
Building Strategic Partnerships :
- Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing:
- Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise:
- Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Identifies new and better approaches to work processes and incorporates same in own work
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
Promoting Organizational Change and Development:
- Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
Design and Implementation of Management Systems:
- Data gathering and implementation of management systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Maintains effective client relationships
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management:
- Gathering and disseminating information
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Engineering. In addition the candidate should be a Cisco Certified Network Engineer (CCNE) and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP).
- 7 years of working experience in network administration and use of hardware/software, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of database packages, experience in web design.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply below
Application Deadline 15th June, 2016 .