Posted on :
17 Jan, 2011
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), the leading UN organization in Reproductive Health and Population and Development, is recruiting personnel for the following position in 3 UNFPA Sub-Offices in Umuahia, Kaduna and Lagos.
JOB TITLE: DRIVERS – ICS 02 (6 POSITIONS)
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Appointments (FTA)
Duty Stations: Sub-Office in Umuahia (2 Posts)
Sub-Office in Kaduna (2 Posts)
Sub-Office in Lagos (2 Posts)
Duration: One year, with possible renewal subject to performance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– The incumbent works under the general supervision of the Head, UNFPA Sub-office and provides
logistics support to the successful implementation of activities in the sub-office.
- Drives Sub-office vehicle for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items
- Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities as required;
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres etc; performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean;
- Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc;
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident;
- Report to the Head of Sub-Office any fault detected in any of the UNFPA vehicles;
- Photocopy mails and other official documents as may be required in the office or during workshops/seminars;
- Distributes mails as appropriate to all staff within the office and to government and NGO
offices directly involved with UNFPA in the implementation of the Country Programme;
- Maintain records on travel in order to facilitate efficient tracking and monitoring.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate should:
Be a Nigerian national (male or female)
Possess at least Primary School Leaving Certificate
Possess valid professional driving license and Trade Test Certificate
Have the ability to read and write English
Have a minimum of 5 years professional driving experience with a reputable organization
Have work history of at least 3 years in the UN system is desirable. 2
METHOD OF APPLICATION
All applications should include functional e-mail addresses and mobile phone numbers, letter of
application and detailed curriculum vitae (CV), attached as one file in MS WORD format only.
Applications should be addressed to The UNFPA Resident Representative, Abuja and
forwarded to e-mail addresses – [email protected] latest by 27 January, 2011 and
clearly marked as follows:
a. DRIVER, UMUAHIA – ICS – 02
b. DRIVER, KADUNA – ICS – 02
c. DRIVER, LAGOS – ICS – 02
Please note that UNFPA will respond only to those applicants in whom it has a further
interest. Kindly also note that ONLY applications sent by e-mail will be accepted.
Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
*UNFPA reserves the right to appoint at the indicated or lower level and prior to the closing
UNFPA – Because everyone counts
KINDLY NOTE THAT ONLY APPLICATIONS SENT BY E-MAIL WILL BE ACCEPTED.