United Nigeria Airlines is a wholly owned Nigerian company incorporated under the Companies and Allied Matters Act of 1990 at the Corporate Affairs Commission to offer commercial air transportation services under the trade name United Nigeria. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fuel Accountant
- Fuel vendors accounts management, Fuel uplift Reporting, Reconciliation, Pricing negotiation, Periodic supervision of fuel uplifts, Data integrity of Fuel –related information.
- Responsible for the control, reconciliation and proper accounting of all aviation fuel related transactions interfacing primarily with Aviation Fuel vendors and other parties, ensuring that the company gets the best possible price at all times
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy, completeness and timeliness in transaction postings & reporting on all aviation fuel related transactions
- Obtains from all Stations copy of invoices/delivery documents for aviation fuel uplift on day-to-day basis.
- Obtains from the respective Fuel vendors statement of accounts on day-to-day basis, reconciling same with airline records.
- Maintains comprehensive and updated records (database) on fuel-related information with respect to the quantity of uplift, price, etc. in prescribed format
- Ensures that all fuel-related invoices are properly and promptly posted in Tally as appropriate in accordance with the chart of accounts
- Shall initiate and establish favorable credit lines with Fuel Vendors in consultation with ED /FC as well as ensure continuous monitoring of agreed credit lines for maximum utilization and timely payment to respective Fuel vendors as at when due
- Shall from time-to-time source for other fuel vendors that can offer better terms with respect to pricing, credit terms, service delivery, etc. without compromising quality.
- Shall recommend to management any other options as may be deemed appropriate for a more efficient process and cost-saving measure in the management of aviation fuel for the airline.
- Prepares and submit to ED & FC daily reports on balance due to/from respective fuel vendors for timely decision making as well as weekly and Month-end comprehensive reports in prescribed format
- Shall obtain and carefully scrutinize copy of agreement with respective fuel vendors ensuring that no part of the agreement puts the airline to a disadvantage
- Performs periodic Station visits with a view of observing aircraft fueling process as to ascertain compliance with standard operating procedures as well as provide necessary guidance to mitigate possible incidence of sharp practices/abuse ensuring also that any observed discrepancies are timely reported and investigated
- Shall endeavor obtain information on day-to-day market prices of aviation fuel as a basis for negotiating best and competitive pricing with our respective vendors
- Perform any other tasks as may be assigned by the Line Manager
Experience & Qualification
- B.Sc. or HND in Accounting
- 3-5 years’ Experience on similar role
- Airline experience – an added advantage
- Experience and knowledge in the use of Microsoft office suites.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.