United Purpose is a Wales-based international development organisation with an innovative, community-led approach to tackling poverty and inequality and helping people move beyond aid.
Working in 17 countries across Asia, Africa and Latin America, UP supports four million people each year to find creative solutions to poverty that last. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Support Officer
Job Location: Calabar, Nigeria
Contract type: Permanent, full time
- The purpose of this post is to support the Country Director in reporting to donors, sharing and promoting project impacts, identifying funding opportunities and submitting grant applications, and communicating effectively with partners and other stakeholders.
- The post holder will liaise with other United Purpose Country Programmes in West Africa and also with the UK Office to ensure effective communication.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Country Director in building donor relations, including attending meetings and identifying opportunities for closer coordination and communication
- Develop strategic communication content, including for brochures, posters and social media
- Build capacity of other staff in proposal writing, project reporting and presentation skills
- Support partners in development of proposals, donor linkages and grant management
- Advise and support Project Managers on donor guidelines and contractual obligations, particularly on reporting, co-funding, procurement and visibility requirements
- Develop and maintain a database of donors and related funding opportunities that respond to the needs of the Country Programme
- Work with Project Managers to ensure a coordinated approach to donor grant management
- Monitor Nigeria-specific funding opportunities and provide Project Managers with access to and support on donor funding guidelines and application processes
- This is a pivotal position with significant responsibility that is mainly office-based but with opportunities for in-country travel and exposure to fieldwork.
- The ideal candidate is well organised, motivated and methodical with a strong understanding of development issues and the passion to make a difference.
- Salary: £5,000 P.A.
- Benefits: A living allowance (up to £300 per month), secure and comfortable private accommodation, annual return flights to your home country, 25 days annual leave, and comprehensive medical & travel insurance. Above all, we offer a respectful and empowering working environment and the opportunity to make a real impact.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, a short Covering Letter to: [email protected] quoting ‘Nigeria PSO’ in the subject line. In the cover letter, please ensure to explain the following:
- Why you are applying for the position
- How your skills and experience meet the person specification
- When you would be able to take up the position if it were offered to youAll applications will be acknowledged but only successful applications will be contacted further.
Application Deadline: 21st July, 2019
- United Purpose has a Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy, which reflects our commitment to protecting the people with whom we work. All candidates will be expected to comply with this policy and its procedures.
- All applications will be acknowledged but only successful candidates will be contacted further.