The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Nigeria is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position below in the Program Office (PROG):
Job Title: Secretary
Solicitation Number: AID-620-S-17-00002
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Work hours: 40 hours (Full time)
Position Grade: FSN 7
Period of Performance: Five years renewable.
Who May Apply: Nigerians Only (Resident in Nigeria).
Basic Function of the Position
- Serves as Secretary/Office Manager to the Program Office, USAID/Nigeria. Performs the full range of secretarial and administrative functions essential to the efficient performance of individuals and team supported.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as Secretary for the Program Office, USAID/Nigeria, providing a wide range of representative support services, including: maintains calendars; organizes meetings as directed; schedules meetings for Program Office team members; sends out meeting notices, etc.; makes travel arrangements, prepares trip requests, vehicle requests and travel vouchers; assists in the preparation, review and submission of procurement requisition packages (GLAAS); composes non-technical correspondence, including responses to unsolicited proposals and applications; researches and assembles information for various reports, briefings, and conferences; prepares routine reports, briefings, preparations, and analyses; follows up with Mission staff members to ensure that commitments are met; edits written products prepared by or provided to the Supervisory Program Officer.
- Assists the Program Office with the preparation, management, response and tracking of Program Office general correspondence, including unsolicited proposals and applications.
- Assists in preparation of, or assumes preparation of, country clearance (eCC) for temporary duty (TDY) guests of the Program Office, making or following up on logistics (hotel, transportation, etc.) and other arrangements as required. Arranges schedules and welcome packages for TDYers.
- Performs a variety of clerical and procedural duties, including: providing telephone, receptionist, and protocol services for the Program Office; orders expendable supplies; files material and maintains the filing systems; receives and controls incoming correspondence and communications; prepares work orders for repair of office equipment and systems; and schedules the use of conference rooms in coordination with other Mission secretarial staff.
- Education: Completion of secondary school is required. At least two years of post-secondary school, business school, or college, including typing, office practice, and word processing is required.
- Job Knowledge: Good knowledge of office management procedures and practice is required.
- Skills and Abilities: Level II typing ability (40 words per minute) is required; typing test may be requested of candidates.
- Proficiency in operating computers with standard software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other software programs is required. Testing of computer and software skills may be requested of candidates.
- Must be proficient in using the internet and e-mail.
- Prior Work Experience: Must have at least five years of progressively responsible secretarial and clerical experience. This can include experience in related work with overseas development organizations, other donor organizations, host-government organizations, or private sector institutions.
- Post Entry Training: On-the-job training in USAID-specific procedures, rules and regulations. Training in USAID-specific systems such as eCC, GLAAS, Assist, and Webgram will be provided.
- Language Proficiency (List both English and host country language(s) proficiency requirements by level (II, III) and specialization (speak/read): Level IV (fluent) English oral and writing ability is required.
N4, 766,721 p.a (starting basic salary). In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a complete Application Package which must include all required documents stated below to: [email protected]
- Signed Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or Curriculum Vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174.
- Any documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above
- (e.g. transcripts, degrees, NYSC certificate/exemption etc.).
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submission to one entry/email not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats (version 2003 or later version).
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications must contain the solicitation number and position title.
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified
- This solicitation is open only to Nigerian Nationals.
- Applications with insufficient information to make a determination will not be considered.
- Any/All application submissions after the closing date will not be considered.
- No in-person appointments or telephone calls will be entertained.
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- USAID is an equal opportunity employer , all ethnic groups and genders are urged to apply
Application Deadline 14th December, 2016.