Uniterm Nigeria Limited was incorporated in 2004. It has grown rapidly with professional staff of about 200 delivering quality and cost effective services in the Oil & Gas sector of the Nigerian economy. Uniterm is a Nigerian Company owned by Nigerians. The workforce is made up of professionals drawn across the world.
Uniterm is under the management of highly technical personnel with combined experience level of 150 years. Uniterm is a member of International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC) and the management staff are members of various professional bodies around the world. Uniterm has offices in Portharcourt and Lagos Nigeria, Houston in USA and Calgary in Canada. Uniterm has key Technical Partners in order to continue to use state-of-the-art technology to deliver services. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assist Driller
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist Driller to Supervise Deck crew and 3rd Party/vendors on deck
- Ensure that the Driller and Client are advised of all current and/or changing conditions.
- Run and retrieve the riser, wellhead equipment and subsea intervention system.
- Maintain all intervention equipment to a good safe working standard.
- Under instruction from the Driller, conduct Emergency Disconnection Drill to ensure that all personnel are familiar with these operations and record the results.
- Under instruction from the Driller, conduct Well Control Drills.
- Ensure that well control equipment is correctly maintained, installed and pressure tested.
- Take direction from the Rig Superintendent in all Well Control Operations.
- Ensure that they have read appropriate Helix ESG Well Control Manual that includes the current Policies on Well Control & Barriers.
- Request written dispensation from the Rig Superintendent for any operations that cannot be carried out under appropriate Helix ESG Well Control & Barrier Policies.
- Conduct Pre-shift, TBT’s, TOFS, Daily drills, & weekly safety meetings with their crew Ensure that Helix
- Health & Safety policies are communicated to and understood by all crew members.
- In conjunction with the Driller ensure vessel Well Operations Personnel are being trained to meet the company’s training requirements.
- Ensure that the appropriate logs and records are maintained.
- Be competent to operate the MPT and associated MPT systems.
- Directly supervise the opening and closing of the Intervention System and Subsea Tree.
- Liaise with the ROV in all subsea operations.
- Compile a daily worklist and organise & instruct crews of NS5 & general maintenance, cleaning and asset preservation where required.
- Ensure, on an ongoing basis, that all parties under their supervision have clear and effective lines of communication as required, and will ensure that operations do not commence until this is in place and confirmed.
- Ensure that the deck is maintained in a clean and tidy manner, and will ensure that all 3rd parties under their supervision do likewise.
- Responsible for the adherence to Helix and Client safety & PPE policies by all personnel working on deck.
- Responsible for the adherence to Helix & statutory Lifting procedures and requirements by all personnel under their supervision.
Additional Training Requirements:
- As per Marine Master Training Matrix (HHR-MA-0013)
Others Additional Qualification and Experience:
- Proven experience and results-oriented career and/or B Eng. or Degree equivalents in appropriate engineering subject, unlimited as per STCW Reg.AIII2 and Reg. A. 111/2 respectively;
- Minimum of HND / B.Sc. in any Science / Engineering Related field.
- Candidate must have the relevant mandatories (STCW, TBOSIET, HUET, GMDSS, OSP and All other relevant Documents for positions applied for).
- Valid IWCF/Well cap certification, Supervisory level is an added advantage.
- At least 7-15 years of Experience any the field being applied for.
- Member of a Professional Body is an added advantage
- Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates.
- Valid International Passport.
- Possess basic critical rig equipment training.
- Demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in only one attachment (MS Word document) and all other Supporting Documents/Certifications to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 30th March, 2020.