University of Benin, Edo State – Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to the underlisted position below:
Job Title: PTDF Professorial Chair in Chemical Engineering
Location: Benin, Edo
- Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of the Petroleum Technology Development Fund Professorial Chair in Renewable Energy in the Department of Chemical Engineering.
- The chair which is based in the Department of Chemical Engineering is aimed at Initiating advanced indigenous research in areas of Chemical Engineering.
- Applicants must be distinguished University Scholars preferably Professors of considerable relevant experience and demonstrable academic and research leadership.
Conditions of Service
- The appointment is for an initial period of three years and is renewable for another period of 2 years if the performance of the chair holderis found satisfactory.
- The condition of service is as obtainable in the University of Benin but with provision for funding of research, attendance at conferences and travels. Technical and Secretarial services wil.l be made available for the occupant.
- The chair holder will be required to lead a seminar each session in which experts nominated by PTDF will be in attendance. A major seminar will mark the end of the tenure out of which a monograph will be published.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send 20 copies of their current Curriculum Vitae, stating age, marital status, qualification, experience (teaching, research, publications) to:
University of Benin,
Candidates are to nominate three (3) referees who must send confidential reports on them to reach the “Registrar” before the date of interview.
Application Deadline 31st October, 2018.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.