Upbeat was born to fill a gap in the market, establishing a world class and fun sports and fitness recreation centre in Africa for the benefit for all in the community.We are vibrant, encouraging, team-oriented, wholesome and strong with positive attitudes we are babies, school children, young adults, thrill seekers, parents, and grandparents. Every day, we deliver a unique experience through our Facility, our people and our products to make UPBEAT your number one destination for fun and fitness. We provide excellent quality service in a safe environment. We are energetic, we are fun, innovative, and fit! We touch the lives of everyone as we challenge you to be inspired, be different and be motivated. We challenge you to Up your Fun, Up your Fitness & Up your Life! We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cashier
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Take customer’s orders and relay to kitchen for preparation.
- Ensure that a check is made and recorded in the POS system for every food & beverage sale in the restaurant
- Ensure that a check is made and recorded in the POS system for any meals consumed by employees or any service offered to guests as complimentary or discounted.
- Receive payments and issue receipts.
- Prepare cashier’s summary and tally it with FBS reading at the close of his / her shift.
- Print and tally transaction list from POS machines with physical check and FBS reading.
- Prepare deposit envelope, write the deposit amount on cashier’s deposit envelope and drop it in the Front Office safe depository, in the presence of a witness, who has also signed the witness column of the cashier’s deposit sheet
- Help with up-selling in the restaurant when necessary.
- Maintain clean and orderly workout area.
- Receiving customers warmly.
- Attending to customers promptly.
- Attending to guest’s enquiries, respond to/resolve issues or requests from customers, and escalate if unable to handle.
- Ensure that proper records are taken for all Kitchen cutlery, plates and glassware and reconcile the inventory recorded at the beginning of the shift against end of shift. This record should be sent to the Accountant at the end of every week, with a monthly report also created.
- Work with the accounts officer to evacuate sales envelopes from the drop safe while ensuring accurate reconciliation of all recorded transactions.
Experience and Qualifications:
- B.Sc / HND in Accounting.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in similar role. Sales/Customer Service experience will be an added advantage.
Competency and Skills Requirements:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and people management skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and utilise trade tools/software.
- High degree of diligence and commitment.
- Good attention to details.
- High level of honesty and reliability.
- Must have an aptitude for numbers.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application / CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
26th January, 2023.