USAID – The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a bright future for families around the world.
Global Heath Supply Chain Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Program in Nigeria, is hereby seeking to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement and Supply Management Advisor (NSCIP)
- The IDIQ has three task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program.
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All three task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support central collaboration efforts between Government of Nigeria (GoN), donors and relevant Stakeholders in PSM activities in focus states and develop strategies and tools to foster collaboration in procurement planning, shipment tracking, distribution, monitoring and supervision, LMIS reporting & information management.
- Provide M&E guidance to NSCIP team to design, test and implement data collection instruments for quantitative and qualitative indicators.
- Oversee development and maintenance of the project’s database(s) and ensure timely data entry.
- Compile and analyze data from each of the project technical areas and support the project technical team in presenting recommendations for improvements in implementation.
- Support, plan and draft project baseline, midline and final evaluation reports.
- Support Program or Project routine meetings of procurement and supply management coordination working groups and committees for the relevant health programs in relation to M&E interests.
- Support the monitoring of the quality and completeness of data for documenting project performance, ensure data use within the project for evidence-based decision making, and solve data problems if/when they arise.
- Provide technical contribution to disseminate reports for submission to GoN, donors and Partners for the Program or Project.
- Facilitate transfer of skills to appropriate staff through mentoring d on-the-job training.
- Other appropriate duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications, Skills and Competences
Applicants for these positions should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- An advanced degree in Public Health, Pharmacy, Supply Chain management or Business Administration.
- At least one year proven experience in managing Public Health programs or projects in Nigeria or similar countries in West Africa.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor, supervise, and train in health service programs.
- Extensive knowledge of the Nigerian Public Health sector
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in identifying and managing the implementation of IT solutions for information management.
- Certification with relevant professional bodies in Supply Chain Management.
- Seven Years of professional experience in Health Program Management- (Experience in Malaria PSM activities is desirable for the PSM Malaria Advisor Position).
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office, including word, excel, and power point.
- Ability and willingness to travel to Program or Project Supported states within Nigeria.
- The Procurement and Supply Management Advisor will report directly to the System Strengthening, Director or his/her designee
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a Long-Term position for the life of the project based in Abuja Nigeria
- Upload your CV/Resumes (Should detail the contact information for at least three professional references)
- Uploaded CV/Resume must clearly indicate your name and position title.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 2nd May 2017.