The Council of the Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
- The Librarian is a Principal Officer and the Chief Administrative Officer of the University Library.
- The University Librarian is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the administration of the University Library and co-ordination of all Library services in the University and its campuses, colleges, faculties, schools ,departments, institutes and other teaching or research units in accordance with section 6 (3) of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Decree No. 11 of 1993.
- Candidates for this post must possess a good Masters Degree in Library Science (M.L.S.) plus a Ph.D from recognized Universities with at least fifteen (15) years relevant experience, preferably in a University or other institutions of higher learning.
- The candidate must be Information and Communication Technology (ICT) compliant and command respect and be able to carry colleagues along.
- Candidates should have proven records of Research and Publications as well as administrative leadership.
- The candidate must not be more than sixty five (65) years at the time of assumption of office
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of a Librarian in Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria/Governing Council as appropriate.
- In accordance with the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Decree No. 11 of 1993 (as amended), section 6(4) and 6(5), the successful candidate shall hold office for five years in the first instance.
- The appointment may however be renewed for one year and no more.
- Fringe benefits include pension in consonance with the Contributory Pension Scheme and appropriate allowances as may be approved from time to time by the Government/University Council.
Application Closing Date
17th May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 30 copies of their applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) highlighting, among others, the following:
- Full Names,
- Post Sought
- Place and Date of Birth,
- Permanent Home and Contact Address,
- Academic / Professional qualifications (attach photocopies of all certificates);
- Present Employment (giving rank and salary);
- Details of research work and publications;
- Extra-curricular activities;
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees one of whom must be in a position to supply academic and/or professional reference.
Applications should be addressed and/or submitted under confidential cover with envelope marked “Post of University Librarian, UDU, Sokoto”, Referees should also be advised to send their reports in confidential cover directly to: The Registrar and Secretary to Council, Usmanu Danfodiyo University, P.M.B 2346, Sokoto State. Note: Only the application of the short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.