The Council of the Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto hereby announces that the position of the University Librarian is vacant, In accordance with the provisions of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Decree No.11 of 1993 (as amended by Decree No, 25 1996) and by the Universities (Miscellaneous) (Amendment) Act 2003 and in exercise of its powers therein, the Council wishes to commence the process of filling the vacancy.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of below in the Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto:
Job Title: University Librarian
- The Librarian is a Principal Officer and the Chief Administrative Officer of the University Library. The University Librarian is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the administration of the University Library and co-ordination of all Library services in the University and its campuses, colleges, faculties, schools departments, institutes and other teaching or research units in accordance with section 6 (3) of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Decree No. 11 of 1993.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates for this post must possess a good Master’s Degree in Library Science (M.L.S.) plus a Ph.D from recognized Universities with at least fifteen (15) years relevant experience, preferably in a University or other institutions of higher learning.
- The candidate must be Information and Communication Technology (ICT) compliant and command respect and be able to carry colleagues along.
- Candidates should have proven records of Research and Publications as well as administrative leadership.
- The candidate must not be more than Sixty-five (65) years at the time of assumption of office.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- Fringe benefits include pension in consonance with the Contributory Pension Scheme and appropriate allowances as may be approved from time to time by the Government/University Council.
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of a Librarian in Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria/Governing Council as appropriate.
- In accordance with the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Decree No. 11 of 1993 (as amended), section 6(4) and 6(5), the successful candidate shall hold office for Five years in the first instance. The appointment may however be renewed for one year and no more.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit 30 copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae which should indicating the following below:
- Full names.
- Post sought.
- Date and place of birth.
- Permanent home and current contact addresses.
- E-mail address.
- Marital status.
- Number of children with names and ages.
- Academic/professional qualifications (attach photocopies of all certificates).
- Present employment (giving rank and salary).
- Details of research work and publications.
- Extra-curricular activities;
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees one of whom must be in a position to supply academic and/or professional reference.
Candidates are also required to submit thirty (30) copies of their vision and mission for the University Library.
Applications should be addressed and/or submitted under confidential cover with envelope marked ‘Post of Librarian, Udu, Sokoto” and Referees should also be advised to send their reports in confidential cover directly to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council
Usmanu Danfodiyo University,
Application Deadline 5th October, 2018.
Note: Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged.