PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PwC) – Our client in the Energy sector, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates for immediate employment into the position below:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Reference Number: 130-PEO00726
Location: Portharcourt, Rivers
- The role has the primary responsibility for providing financial management leadership and decision support to the Group’s business operation so as to ensure effective utilization of resources, while minimizing risks
- The organisation is rapidly developing an international presence and a growing reputation on the global market.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide strategic advice and guidance on the implementation of financial and operational plans focused on the achievement of corporate goals and objectives
- Lead development and execution of short, medium and long term financial strategy and procedures
- Ensure effective funds planning and utilisation across the company
- Manage the company’s finance function, budgets and programmes and ensures prompt preparation of adequate internal and external consolidated financial reports to meet all stakeholders’ need
- Develop and maintain effective liaison with relevant external bodies e.g. auditors, banks, solicitors, multi-lateral lending institutions and regulatory bodies
- Develop strategies for accessing and securing funds at cost effective rates
- Recommend and coordinate the implementation of strategies for investing company’s surplus funds
- Manage all financial risks across the company (e.g. foreign exchange risks, interest rate exposures etc.) and escalates issues to executive management
- Perform financial modeling and analysis
- Ensure efficient financial information management for strategic, tactical and operational decision making
- Oversee Treasury – cash flow, project funding and investment management
- Design effective programmes to measure and evaluate the performance of finance staff.
- Oversee the company’s accounting function, including maintaining up to date accounting records, preparing and circulating to Board members the management accounts on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, as well as working with external Auditors to ensure timely completion, sign-off and filing of annual audited accounts
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial business relationships and represent the company with investors and bankers
The ideal candidate should have:
- Minimum of a first degree in any discipline and MBA or Masters in a related discipline
- Minimum 10 years work experience in Finance/Accounting with 5 years in a Senior Management role
- Relevant accounting certification –ACA, ACCA, CFA
- In-depth knowledge of relevant Accounting Standards and related regulations.
- Strong communication and networking skills and ability to build strong relationships relevant to the development of business potential and partnerships.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 28th July, 2017.