Specialization: Oil and Gas • Industrial Training
Industry: Oil and Gas / Power and Energy
A reputable Oil and Gas servicing company is hereby recruiting into the underlisted job post:
Senior Drone Pilot/ Immersion Data Solutions
Operate Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) within project profiles. Assists with planning, project briefings for inspection services, rig flare inspection, under deck inspection while confirming to airspace requirements. Execute projects and assists with the delivery of full motion video and payload data. Provide detailed reports/logs.
Equipment troubleshooting and maintenance, documents maintenance actions, assists with inventory of UAV spares/components and reports cycle counts. Assist with demonstration flights and training.
The Senior Drone Pilot/Technical Specialist will perform UAV-based imaging of select client sites, including piloting UAV missions, delivering UAV-based images, and conducting relevant data-collection uploads. The role will also involve managerial duties, overseeing a team of drone pilots, directing them in flight missions/projects and technical skills.
The applicant will benefit from a technical understanding of photography, lidar, and GPS principles. A Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate and 100+ hours of logged UAV flight experience are required.
The Drone Pilot/Technical Specialist will serve as a key member of the IDS team helping to generate high quality deliverables for our client’s and will have opportunities to interact with client representatives. This position will also serve as a drone technical expert both inside and outside of the organization.
Major Opportunities & Key Accountabilities:
- Conduct UAV platform preparation and maintenance.
- Adequate knowledge of the work environment and equipment required for both onshore and offshore tasks
- Knowledge of Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) flight operations procedures.
- Perform UAV-based imaging of select client sites, including piloting UAV missions, delivering UAV-based images and conducting relevant data-collection uploads.
- Conduct pre-flight planning including weather forecast checks, mission/project planning, and site coordination with all applicable parties.
- Conduct necessary post-flight data processing, transformations, analysis, and reporting.
- Research and stay up-to-date on all relevant UAV equipment functionalities and help specify equipment and platforms.
- Research and stay up-to-date on IDS related technology platforms.Managing team of Drone Pilots, directing them in flight missions/project and technical skills.
- Tracking inventory and equipment including drones, batteries, and project data.
- Troubleshooting on-the-spot challenges as they arise.
- Conduct new pilot certification training and verification of skills assessments in the field for IDS team members and independent certified drone pilots.
- Ability to comprehend project requirements and the technical and commercial aspects of the fielded products or services needed to support and/or service Customer requirements. Applies necessary knowledge to define the communication system, the involved Customer liaison activities, and technical support and service needs.
- Knowledge of flight vehicle performance characteristics and systems architecture.
- Ability to understand and apply inventory control and management techniques.
- Knowledge of operations, environments, and maintenance support concepts.
- Knowledge of customer, regulatory agency, industry, and company policies, practices, and procedures as they apply to technical documentation, support equipment, part interchangeability, data reliability analysis and data extraction, service related problem resolution and warranty settlement processes, etc. in support of projects and programs
Nature & Scope:
- Managing field drone operations, both IDS team members and independent certified contractors.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Willingness to travel (overnight stays based on supported projects) to various Nigerian-based locations.
- Familiarity with iOS& Windows Operating Systems on both desktop and mobile environments.
- Understand and follow created Scope of Work (SOW) and ability to create customized SOW’s based on customer needs, collecting required data and images.
- Technical understanding of photography, lidar, and GPS principles.
- Technical working knowledge of accuracies and tolerances as they relate to surveying and spatial environments.
- Ability to react quickly and calmly to high-pressure situations.
- Pro-actively adjust schedule based on weather forecasts to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Continuous Learning
- Interpersonal Communications
- Personal Management
- Results Driven
- Customer Awareness
- Critical Thinking
- Pilot 107 UAV Remote Pilot Certificate/License
- Experienced, 100+ hours of Logged UAV flight experience.
- Familiar with basic spatial data and data collection systems both manual and automated as they relate to lidar and imaging in multiple spectrums.
- Experience with technology troubleshooting.
- Integrated facilities management, construction, buildings consulting, and or contracting background a plus.
- Experience with 3D reconstruction techniques.
- Experience with CAD and BIM software Platforms.
- 4-6 years technical degree.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should send detailed curriculum vitae with supporting documents (Credentials& Licenses) indicating the job post applied for as the subject to the email address below:
Email: [email protected]
Note: Application format MUST be in MS-word (doc) only. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 31/09/2019