Afordonz Consulting Limited – Our client, specializes in Construction and Facilities Management in Nigeria, and is seeking to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cost Estimator
- The Cost Administrator is fully dedicated to internal clients, their needs and their duties.
- S/he would interfaces with various departments within the organization to perform cost management and estimating consulting services to align Company’s services to the needs of clients with the goal of providing industry leading consultation and revenue growth
- Research prices on material, time and labour costs using published documents, local conditions, market studies, etc.
- Prepare and monitor project cashflow forecasts.
- Measure, value, submit and negotiate contract variations.
- Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
- Prepare preliminary estimates, cost plans, feasibility studies including advising the project team on economical construction methods, procurement, programming and contract matters, to enable costs to be accurately advised to clients.
- Undertake a range of related duties that will contribute to the provision of a comprehensive quantity surveying service to clients; these will include preparing relevant insurance valuations, cost in use studies and life cycle costing, schedules of dilapidations and technical audits, etc.
- To carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales.
- Prepare submit and negotiate project final accounts.
- Ensure that business commercial processes are adhered to at project level.
- Monitor all commercial information in relation to project including labour, material and sub contractor cost forecasting thus ensuring budgets adhered to.
- Monitoring each stage of construction to make sure that costs are in line with forecasts
- Assist in preparation and adherence to project purchasing targeting and costing budgets.
- Develop and nurture subcontractor/vendor and client relationships.
- Communicate regularly with project staff and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times.
- Supply all relevant information to management for review at the specified intervals set.
- Providing financial progress reports to clients
- Assist with planning and scheduling new work and in dealing with incoming enquiries in order to provide best value and timely services to clients.
Skills Set and Profile
- Degree in Quantity Surveying, with a minimum of 5 years of experience, preferably in the real estate or construction industry.
- Strong interpersonal/Communication skills
- Good Reporting and administrative writing skill
- Diplomatic, tactful, discreet, flexible, resourceful, dependable.
- Problem solving, conflict management and negotiation skills
- Customer service-oriented
- High business acumen and commerciality
- Project management and change management skills
- Attention to details
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a copy of their detailed & recent CV’s to: [email protected] Using the job title as the subject of your mail.
Note: Multiple applications may result in disqualification.
Application Deadline: 28th July, 2017.