AUN Hotel – We welcome you to experience friendly service, beautiful accommodation and expertise handling at American University hotel. Our services and facilities are tailored to provide the best of comfort and pampering.We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sous Chef
- AUN Hotel is seeking for a permanent Sous Chef.
- This position is a local one and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria
- The Souse Chef shall employ his culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing customers’ satisfaction at the AUN Hotel and Club in line with established standards and procedures.
- To delegates job responsibilities in the kitchen.
- To support Executive Chef in kitchen administration and operation.
- Ability to instruct cooks and teach on culinary arts.
- Design task schedules for kitchen staff and ensure safety.
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
- Fill in for the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
- Manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff’s performance
- Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Ensure food are prepared in safe, hygienic and healthy environment.
- Help in the preparation and design of all food and drinks menus
- Produce high quality plates both design and taste wise
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Any other duties as assigned.
Requirements for the Position
- National Diploma from a reputable institution.
- Good command of English language.
- Age 30 to 45 years old
- Smart and energetic personality
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in 3 to 4 star hotel as a head cook or sous chef.
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
- Creativity and knowledge of ingredients in the kitchen for 4 star hotel.
- Leadership skills. To be in charge as a support for Executive Chef.
- Hand -Eye Coordination.
- Sense of Taste.
- Time Management.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Hotel.
- The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to: [email protected] before the closing date of this publication.
Application Deadline: 9th June, 2017.