VerifyMe (VM) is helping Africans grow with trust through identity verification and authentication. With over 80 million identity verifications every year, we are the trusted name when it comes to helping Africans ensure the identity of individuals, employees, or business prospects checks out. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Engineer
Location: Yaba, Lagos
- Our ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
- As a Data Engineer, you will support the software developers, data analysts and data scientists on projects to ensure an optimal data delivery architecture.
In this role, your tasks will include:
- Working with the team to understand data needs; defining and developing applications/architecture; performing source to target data mapping; designing, reviewing, implementing, and optimizing Data Engineering and ETL processes.
- Conducting exploratory data analysis, data cleaning & processing
- Ensuring proper computational infrastructure is available to support development and iteration for projects
- Identifying, designing, and implementing internal process improvements for automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, security, and scalability
- Building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS technologies.
- Must have a solid understanding of Data structures, Algorithms and object oriented design
- Must have experience and/or knowledge of relational (e.g. Postgres), NOSQL (e.g. MongoDB/DynamoDB/Elasticsearch) data systems & distributed system concepts from a data storage and compute perspective.
- Must be able to write secure, stable, testable, maintainable code with minimal defects
- Must have experience with native AWS technologies for data storage, ETL and analytics such as S3, Lambda, API Gateway, etc.
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Should have experience in application development and related open source technologies including microservices, RESTful APIs development
- Should have experience with DevOps toolchains for infrastructure deployment, software build/test/deploy, and systems/application monitoring/logging tools
- Should have good scripting and programming skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to:firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.