Verod is active across various sectors, including but not limited to light manufacturing, consumer goods, business services, agriculture, education, healthcare and financial services. Verod seeks to partner with companies with proven business models and high market growth potential, led by motivated management teams, to build sustainable and responsible regional leaders in their respective industries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Zonal Sales Manager
- The company is an integrated farm business, with forward integration into the conversion of the farm’s product to FMCG products such as Fresh Milk, Yoghurt and different variants of fruit juice. The company is one of the few companies manufacturing fruit juices from natural raw fruits, which are grown organically on the farm’s orchard. The company is also involved in poultry, livestock and feed milling operations.
- Plan, direct and implement Sales strategies and programs to achieve or exceed the sales objectives for the region
- To ensure company’s profitability by maintaining a steady flow of orders throughout the Northern zone and penetration of the West African Sub- Region
- Develops Sales plans and budgets to achieve or exceed the annual sales objectives for the region. Monitor and control the sales budget to ensure optimum utilization of resources in the region
- Generate sales of company products in the region through a team of salesmen in order to achieve or exceed the annual sales targets
- Conduct regular market visits to check route coverage, competitor activity and continuously search for new opportunities in order to increase sales in the region
- Provide distributors and customers in the region with information about new or improved products and services in order to improve sales in the region
- Develop and maintain an efficient distribution network to ensure the comprehensive availability of company’s products and services across the region to achieve or exceed the sales targets
- Establish and ensure that all sales administration procedures relating to the region are properly implemented to support the sales teams in their efforts to accomplish the sales targets.
- Co-ordinate and follow up with the storehouse supervisor to ensure that adequate inventory stock of product is maintained for the Region in order to meet the sales delivery schedules and provide the distributors with superior levels of service and meet the needs of the customer
- Liaise with the Marketing team to ensure that adequate marketing support by way of merchandising and promotions is available in the region in order to provide brand visibility and promote sales in the region
- Develop the necessary Regional Sales Management organisation structure and ensure the right calibre of staffing and appropriate training to meet all job requirements. Provide leadership so that staff are well motivated and engaged to stay and contribute effectively to the organisation
- Oversee the development of new products and create product roadmap.
- And all other duties as assigned.
(IPE FACTOR: Knowledge):
- Bachelors’ Degree required. Additional qualification with a specialization in Marketing would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 12 years of well-rounded marketing / business development experience in in the FMCG/Food Beverages/Juice/Diary products with a focus on marketing expansion and identifying emerging market trends with a complete understanding of marketing channels, distribution system, supply chain, product handling
- 3-5 years of leadership experience with the ability to motivate and provide professional development to a team of at least 3 direct reports. A hands-on collaborative style of working is a must!
- Experience building brand awareness and support internally thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product and service management, sales and business development; along with a demonstrated track record of success and performance.
- Ability to understand changing market dynamics, translating them into actionable strategies to achieve company objectives. Experience in the Nigerian Food/Beverage distribution is highly desirable.
- Advanced experience working with a variety of traditional and modern marketing and communications functions including: branding and messaging to different target audiences.
- An understanding of all aspects of marketing using print material production; development and implementation of social media plans; and working with the press and other related media outlets.
- Requires advanced verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal skills.
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Bonus
- Healthcare – Family plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Children’s school support
- Annual vacation tickets for employee and family.
- Relocation and accommodation Assistance
Application Closing Date
21st May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV’s to: [email protected]
- CV file should be in MS-Word or Adobe PDF format only
- Please write the position applied for in the email subject column.