Vesselnet is a leading player in the off-grid solar market, independent telecommunication and information service provision in Nigeria and across Africa. Established in 2007, we are at the forefront of the provision of services to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), vendors and operators. Aside the top-notch quality of our services, we pride ourselves in the collaborative effort of our team of value-driven, experienced, young professionals carefully selected through a rigorous selection process to ensure consistency in the quality of our services and corporate goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Solar Engineer
Key responsibilities of this role:
- Design, procurement and maintenance of embedded renewable power systems for our wide range of individual, commercial and governmental bodies.
- Planning and management of on and off-grid PV systems and multi- technology hybrid systems
- Deliver appropriate design solutions based on specific site resources, customer desires and budgets, and assessed load requirements.
- Identify strategic equipment suppliers.
- Support the operations and maintenance (O&M) of our installed systems, including development of maintenance contracts and operations manuals
- Supervise the teams to conduct detailed site surveys for PV and hybrid solutions
- Carry out customer meetings as the company’s technical representative
- Design a wide range of on and off-grid solar PV configurations including:
- Embedded systems
- Off-grid stand-alone systems
- Mini-grids for off-grid clients and communities
- Micro-grids for commercial and industrial clients
- Large mega-watt scale solar farms (this will not be an initial focus)
- Systems that integrate with existing energy equipment
- Performance modelling, monitoring and reporting of PV system outputs
- Develop cost estimates of PV plants that include all aspects of the project cycle
- Understand Nigerian regional regulatory requirements, installation standards, and implementation costs
- Build relationships with strategic equipment suppliers
- Support business development teams by providing technical support to project proposals, reports and technical documents
- Keep abreast of technology developments and identify new products that meet client/customer needs
- Specify and advise on monitoring and display solutions, appropriate circuit and surge protection devices
- Participate in project deployments, monitoring, inspection and debugging activities of key test sites
- Plan and develop an Operation and Maintenance (O&M) program which includes coordinated oversight of O&M activities, quarterly performance reports and site- documentation for clients and internal use, remote monitoring of the plants and conferring with customer and service partners to resolve complaints and to resolve arising challenges
- Report to the CEO for supervision and validation of reports and designs
- Work with the team to build capacity and to learn about the changing solar markets
- Perform other duties as required.
- Liaise with the sales team to help the company in broadening its client and customer base in the commercial and industry space.
- Degree in electrical engineering or energy technologies
- Master’s degree in renewable energy or equivalent field experience an added advantage
- Internationally recognized solar engineering qualifications or license (if any, kindly state these qualifications in your application).
- Energy audit knowledge and/or qualifications.
- Registration and/or membership of recognized international engineering body is desirable.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Minimum 3 years field experience in PV engineering.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of modelling and design software to design and plan of tangible systems.
- Demonstrated experience planning rooftops and commercial solar PV systems with focus on engineering design, construction document development, construction oversight and installation practices. It is expected that the engineer will have designed systems and will have a sound knowledge of off-grid PV design and planning.
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing bidding documents, including knowledge of PV system components, wiring practices, layout, low voltage AC design, medium voltage design, relay protection, metering, utility interconnection requirements etc.
- Knowledge of commercial 3-phase electrical installations and grid connection requirements and protection.
- Familiarity with systems that include storage and/or complex load management systems
- Hands-on approach to technical support and ability to train other staff.
- Experience with monitoring and communications systems.
- Strong analytical ability; analyzing energy figures and statistic and be able to understand them and extract the valuable/meaningful information.
- Technically self-sufficient and highly motivated.
- Strong technical writing ability, communication and presentation skills.
- Complete knowledge of energy auditing including practical aspects of electrical, mechanical and thermal energy measuring and efficiency practice.
- Ability to execute several projects and tasks in parallel.
- Ability to work cross functionally with engineering, business development, and consulting personnel.
- Willingness to travel frequently, mostly around the country.
- Strong marketing and communication skills are desired traits of candidates.
Job Title: Sales Executive
- Create individual sales appointments to close new business
- 100% referral and self-generated sales.
- Create and run 20 -30 consultations a week in order to achieve selling 15+ new customers per month
- Closing the sale using various proven customer sales methods;
- Develop sales strategies/models;
- Evaluating customers’ skills, needs and building productive long lasting relationships
- Providing an industry leading customer sales experience from initial contact through installation and after the customer’s system is turned on;
- Meet personal and team sales targets;
- Research accounts and generate or follow through self-generated sales leads;
- Attend sales meetings, sales events, trainings, and industry events to keep abreast of the latest Vesselnet and industry developments;
- Create, maintain, and expand customer database within your assigned sales customer segment;
- Live Vesselnet’s core values, to be positive and approachable, be customer centric, be innovative and be a dependable professional!
- Sales Officer are required to run the Vesselnet sales process consistently and in compliance with Vesselnet’s policies and procedures. The business will provide support to your sales efforts during weekly team meetings
- The primary activity for all Sales Officer is selling Vesselnet’s products and services.
- Selling opportunities that most effectively lead to the Closed Sale include:
- Canvass to Identify & Close New Sales Opportunities:
- Vesselnet’s products appeal to an increasingly larger population, and canvassing is one of the fastest ways to connect with a growing market and identify new customers for Vesselnet products.
- Attend Local Events to Identify & Close New Sales Opportunities
- Field Sales officer can also source new customers by attending events and partnerships.
- Engage in outreach to the assigned customer segment to Develop & Close New Sales Opportunities:
- Sales Officer may contact Vesselnet’s existing customer base where applicable to ask about the health of the customer’s solar system, and earn introductions to the customer’s friends, colleagues and neighbours.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Self-motivated, competitive, multi-tasking, problem solver, analytical and able to handle customer rejections;
- Proven track record of field sales experience;
- In-home and/or solar sales experience a plus;
- Must be success oriented
- Passionate about providing exceptional customer service and being a Brand Ambassador;
- Able to think critically and solve problems;
- Proficiency with computer programs such as CRM platforms, Outlook, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, Gmail, Google Calendar, and Adobe Acrobat;
- 80% local travel, outside of an office environment, engaged in sales, within the defined region and customer segment;
- Must be able to canvass door-to-door, office -to- office during the day-time
- Ability to operate effectively independently – self starter.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letters to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 27th July, 2018.