Vixa Pharmaceutical Company Limited – A fast-growing indigenous Pharmaceutical/Cosmetics Company with its headquarter situated in Lagos has an opening for a qualified candidate to fill the advertised position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
- Oversees in receiving, locating, sales order processing, picking and dispatch operations of the products in line with the company guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Ensures that inventory is managed efficiently and effectively in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Manage the pulling and packing of goods and arrange appropriate transportation.
- Coordinate freight consolidation, cost analysis, routing and scheduling also track shipments (carriage) to ensure they arrive on time and that shipment and delivery processes adhere to any pertinent regulations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensures receiving, picking and dispatch are done according to Operational Guidelines.
- Checks that dispatch is prioritized appropriately.
- Conducts walkthroughs with concerned customers where there are delays.
- Responds to queries from pickers and dispatch concerning items missing or misplaced. Makes changes accordingly or advises on what is to be done.
- Creating and maintaining contingency plans.
- Communicates any relevant information to the Logistics Manager.
- Assigns the picking and checking of orders to relevant staff.
- Runs a replenishment list from the system for the stores assistants in order to locate items from the bulk store to the picking area.
- Traces and searches for mistakes/discrepancies in stock quantity, expiry dates and misplacement, as reported by warehousing, pickers, sales and dispatch staff.
- Adherence to other related logistics matter from the Logistics Manager.
- A minimum of HND/B.Sc in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or other related Social Sciences.
- Professional Qualification in Logistics Management will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years above with experience in a reputable organization.
- Good sense of Commercial Awareness.
- Good Team player.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- A keen interest in numeracy.
- Ability to think quickly, logically and analytically.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure.
Application Closing Date
6th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] With the position applied for as the Subject of the email.
Note: Only Shortlisted candidate will be contacted.