Vixa Pharmaceutical Company Limited – A fast-growing indigenous Cosmetics Company in Lagos has an urgent vacancy for a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Internal Auditor
- Responsible for organizing and overseeing internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan, often managing a team of auditors.
- Evaluates the system of internal controls to determine operational, business and financial risks.
- Coordinates audit work with and directs other team members, and completes audit with a sense of urgency from planning to report issuance.
- Continuously review /assess the business and operational risks facing the Organization in order to proactively establish appropriate mitigating controls and monitoring frameworks.
- Rapidly develops an understanding of business operations and systems under review and creates clear supporting documentation.
- Prepare and submit periodic activity/management reports to the MD on the activities of the Internal Audit function including findings and overall assessment of the Organization control environment.
- Interpret and analyze reports /data to identify possible risk exposure and advice the MD on risk exposure – internally and externally.
- Oversee performance analysis and review of key financial ratios and indicators such as capital adequacy and reserve ratios to ensure compliance with management’s established range/targets.
- Develop and implement an annual internal audit plan and ensure compliance with approved plans.
- Establish and communicate the scope and objectives for internal audits to the appropriate groups/departments within the organization.
- Conduct periodic financial, compliance, operational and special audits and carry out investigations into reported irregularities, as required by the organization.
- Conducts thorough audit testing to validate that controls are operating.
- Reviews audit work of other team members.
- Provide management over a portfolio of clients and deliver high quality audit and assurance service, including preparing and reviewing audit plans and work.
- Perform any other duties that complement the internal control systems of the Company.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor degree and Master degree in Accounting and other related course.
- Professional qualification in Auditing/Accounting body
- Minimum of 6+ years’ experience in a reputable organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Knowledge of auditing concepts and principles.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
- Knowledge of Accounting and Finance Principles and Practices.
- Knowledge of a variety of reporting procedures, regulations and law.
- Knowledge of financial recordkeeping procedures, laws, regulations, and standards.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Planning and Time Management skills.
- Effective Communication and Human Relations skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to develop and implement audit plans and schedules.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Critical Thinking and Analysis.
- High Tenacity and Ethics standards based on principles of integrity, objectivity, competence and confidentiality.
- Technology Proficient (Sage, excel, word, and other relevant software).
Job Title: Account Officer
- Review the company’s accounting policies, from time to time, to ascertain their suitability to a dynamic business environment
- Managing the portfolio of the respective Sales accrued account holder.
- Maintain and record financial transactions at business unit level.
- Oversee the assigned business unit financial resources so as to ensure efficient and effective functioning of its operations.
- Preparation of supplier reconciliation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Record and maintain supporting documentation for all financial transactions at business unit level /undertaking level
- Prepare monthly revenue report based on list of stock distribution to customers/client.
- Ensure proper documents/bills are submitted to accounts department for timely preparation of monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Ensure proper documentation of invoices and purchase order for the respective financial transaction.
- Post sub-ledger entries and reconcile entries into general ledger.
- Assessing correctness of claim, review computation of stocks/goods amount and make necessary adjustments.
- Monitor Company’s various cash flow forecasts.
- Ensure that all inflows–cash receipts and collections from clients/ debtors are banked and variances if any, are reported appropriately and immediately, ensuring preparation of daily banking report.
- Responsible for the input of financial transactions into the company’s accounting software.
- Execute other duties as may be required by immediate manager and other members of the management.
- A minimum of HND/B.Sc in Accounting.
- Well conversant with ERP and SAGE Software as well as other Office application.
- Relevant Professional qualification will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a reputable organization.
- Ability to think quickly, logically and analytically
- Ability to produce report in a timely manner.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable, comfortable with juggling a range of tasks in a fast-moving, dynamic environment
- Presentation and reporting skills.
- Good Team player.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- A keen interest in numeracy.
- Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure.
Job Title: Internal Auditor
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Prepare, analyze, and verify annual reports, financial statements, and other records/stocks, using accepted accounting and statistical procedures to assess financial condition and facilitate financial planning.
- Overseeing the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual review of audit report plans.
- Determining internal audit scope and developing annual plans.
- Obtaining, analyzing and evaluating accounting documentation, reports, data, flowcharts etc.
- Review data about material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income, and expenditures.
- Supervise auditing of establishments, and determine scope of investigation required.
- Report to Head of Audit about asset utilization and audit results, and recommend changes in operations and financial activities.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process.
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement.
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings.
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee.
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum.
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions.
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
- A minimum of HND/B.Sc. in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other related Social Sciences. (Good Knowledge of Accounting Software i.e SAGE will be most preferable).
- Professional Qualification in Audit will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a reputable organization.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- Self-motivation, determination and confidence.
- A keen interest in the financial system
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software (SAGE) and databases.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s and Cover Letter to: [email protected] with the position applied for as the Subject of the email.
Application Deadline 12th September, 2018.
Note: Only Shortlisted candidates will be reached.