VNL Consulting, a recruitment company is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Civil Engineer
Employment Type: Contract
- Manage, design, develop, create and maintain a new construction project in a safe, timely and sustainable manner
- Conduct on site investigations and analyze data (maps, reports, tests, drawings and other)
- Carry out technical and feasibility studies and draw up blueprints that satisfy technical specifications
- Assess potential risks, materials and costs
- Provide advice and resolve creatively any emerging problems/deficiencies
- Oversee and mentor staff and liaise with a variety of stakeholders
- Handle over the resulting structures and services for use
- Monitor progress and compile reports in project status
- Manage budget and purchase equipment/materials
- Comply with guidelines and regulations including permits, safety etc and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required
- Source for building and construction materials from credible vendors at the lowest cost
- Maintain a database/list of building materials vendors, contractors & suppliers
- Negotiate prices of products and make purchases on behalf of the company
- Develops and implements short and long-term procurement strategies designed to reduce costs and improve quality
- Establish and maintain best practice standards, policies, procedures and processes in all contractual dealings in order to achieve business objectives
- B.Sc / MA in Civil Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years proven working experience in civil engineering or building construction
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D or similar
- Proficiency in site layout, grading, utility design, erosion control, regulatory approvals etc
- Project management and supervision skills.
- Strong communication, negotiation, reporting and interpersonal skills.
- HSE certifications will be an added advantage.
Salary: N150,000 – N250,000 monthly.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Project Manager” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 10th March, 2021.