Vodacom Business Nigeria, we are constantly uncovering new and creative tactics to innovate the way we communicate and differentiate our brand whilst maintain global standards and leading our strategic performance. By joining Vodacom Business Nigeria, you will be part of a global brand as well as join in the team evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing Manager, Brand and Communication
- Reporting to the EHOD Commercial, candidate will be responsible for creating and delivery of the marketing activities as it relates to the brands and communication, predominantly in Nigeria, but also involve in the coordination of activities with Vodacom Business Group Africa.
- As the first point of contact, will coordinate marketing activities mainly in Vodacom Business Nigeria as it relates to Brands and Communication.
- As Marketing Manager, Brand and Communications, you will manage the delivery of an effective marketing strategy for Vodacom Business Nigeria, delivering external and internal communications in order to increase awareness, generate demand and maintain share of voice. You will support the overall commercial strategy and assist the business to achieve its marketing objectives while maintaining budget.
- The preferred candidate must have a minimum of 7 years post call experience working Management/Supervisory experience essential. Experience in Telecoms or technology sector required.
- Candidate must have Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business administration from a reputable university. A Master’s Degree and Professional Marketing Qualification (e.g. CIM) will be an added advantage.
Core marketing areas include:
- Brand Management
- External and Internal Communication
- Advertising/PR in Nigerian and African media
- Digital Marketing and Social Media Engagement
- Web design and SEO.
- E-Marketing and Promotions
- Product Marketing and Sales Support
- Budget & Cost Management
- Sector specific marketing activities targeting key Industries
- Database management and optimisation
- The responsibilities of this role will include planning and implementing marketing campaigns via a number of media platforms, including digital and direct marketing activity, events and email promotions. He/she will also be expected to drive traffic to the website, generating sales leads by using innovative design ideas and Search Engine Optimisation. Candidate will work closely with the media and specific trade titles to maximise coverage.
- Candidate will liaise with Internal Stakeholders including Product Managers, Sales Managers, Finance & Treasury managers and the Management team. He/ She is responsible for all Internal Communication and engagement campaigns
- Candidate will be expected to deliver joint marketing campaigns with multinational corporations, developing partnerships and joint promotions.
- Candidate will manage relationship between external parties including Marketing Agencies, Public Relations Agencies and Production Houses, as well as Trade and Industry Associations, Local & International Industry Publications / Trade journals and other marketing collateral suppliers.
- The ideal candidate will be experienced in B2B marketing, have a strong commercial grounding and possess excellent organisational skills. The ability to build and manage project timelines and budgets with a focus on delivery and seeing assignments through to completion are key personal attributes required.
- This role is a wide ranging and high profile one, so the candidate will therefore have a proven track record in Brand marketing, internal & external communications, creative writing and/or website design and management.
- Candidate will be fully IT literate, with knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products and have highly developed interpersonal skills with the proven ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships at all levels.
- Strong knowledge in corporate communication management, sales presentation, as well as People leadership and management skills, budgeting and negotiation and strong knowledge of the IT/Telecom Industry and current marketing trends will be required.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Have a strong customer facing presence.
- Be able to communicate across all levels within the organisations.
- Good persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Well-developed Oral, written and presentation skills.
- Be well organised, structured with the ability to drive and oversee multi-discipline projects across many companies and organisations.
- Attention to detail and the ability to ensure all outputs are of the highest quality.
Application Closing Date
15th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected] and we will contact you if you qualify.