Posted on :
1 Jul, 2010
1 Jul, 2010
The west African Health Organisation (WAHO), the health agency of ECOWAS, and its partners announces its Young Professional Internship Programme (YPIP) for 2011 which will commence in January 2011 and hereby invites application from citizens of member countries of ECOWAS.
The goal of the programme is to equip young professionals with knowledge, skills and experience for effective management of health problems in West Africa.
STRUCTURE: It includes a 12month programme divided into 6 stages. Stages 1 to 4 will take place at the headqtrs in Bokina Faso. The other stages include, among other things, interns being posted to host institutions in different countries in West Africa to acquire practical skills and competence in their technical areas of interest or professional specialisation.
Applicants should have interest in one or more of the following domains:
HIV/AIDS, Reproductive Health, Child Survival, Nutrition, Prevention of Blindness, Malaria, Health Research and Disease Control.
The interns will be provided with accommodation and allowance during the period.
BENEFITS: All travel costs will be paid and learning materials provided free!
All applicants must be citizens of ECOWAS member countries, must be available throughout the 12-month period and should have:
1. A university Degree within the part 5yrs
2. Fluency in reading and writing of atleast one official ECOWAS languages: English, French Portuguese. Knowledge of a 2nd language. would be an advantage.
3. Basic competence in ICT.
Interested candidates should send the following documents:
1. Letter of application to participate in the programme.
2. Up-to-date CV
3. Copies of relevant pages of the National Passport, National ID or Birth Certificate.
4. Copies of Diploma and Certificates.
5. Letters of motivation stating reasons for wanting to participate in the programme, technical areas of interest and reasons for the choice, relevant experience and future plans.
6. Three letters of referees. 2 of which must be persons who taught the candidate in appropriate institution. For candidates with work experience, the 3rd should be a professional with whom the candidates has worked. The letter of reference should be sent directly to the address below by the referee. All applications and letter of references should be sent by post or email to:
West African Health Organisation (WAHO/OOAS)
Young Professional Internship Programme 01 BP 153 Bobo-Dioulassa 01 Burkina Faso
email: [email protected]
Deadline:27th August 2010.