Wangarua Foods is an Indigenous Company, fully registered in Nigeria with Corporate Affairs Commission. The Company was founded by a Woman who is passion driven, goal oriented and vision minded about the service of humanity through food processing and Aims to become the No 1 food brand across Africa. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Production / Operations Manager
Locations: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We need competent hands for the position of Food service Operations Manager/ Production Manager.
- We are looking for upwardly mobile individuals with an entrepreneurial mindset who can oversee the daily activities of the company and is willing to grow with us to manage our operations.
- As an ideal candidate, you’ll have a sharp business mind and proven success managing multiple departments toward maximum productivity.
- The ideal candidate should have at least 4 years of experience in an operations management position.
- We expect the ideal candidate for this role to be able to take complete ownership of their role by being in charge and involved in running the operations and proactively looking for improvement opportunities.
Objectives / Responsibilities of this Role:
- Maintain constant communication with management, staff, and vendors to ensure proper operations of the organization.
- Lead, motivate, and support a large team within a time-sensitive, fast-paced and demanding environment, including setup and implementation of career development plans for all direct reports and problem resolution.
- Manage timely data collection to update operations metrics to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, eliminate errors, and deliver excellent customer service.
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance protocols.
- Grow the efficiency of existing organizational processes and procedures to enhance and sustain the organization’s internal capacity.
- Actively pursue strategic and operational objectives.
- Ensure operational activities remain on time and within a defined budget.
- Track staffing requirements, hiring new employees as needed.
- Works as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction, which includes Sundays operations, occasional odd hours and/or remaining on-call for problem-solving.
- Reviews inventory and requisitions and purchases food supplies as required; makes direct special purchases.
- Assigns and trains personnel and determines work schedules.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management or related field.
- 4+ years proven work experience as an Operations/Food Production/Restaurant Manager or similar role.
- Strong budget development and oversight skills
- Excellent ability to delegate responsibilities while maintaining organizational control and customer service.
- Great organizational and planning skills.
- Highly trained in conflict management and business negotiation processes.
- Knowledge of general business software and aptitude to learn new applications; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Bilingual communication skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
- Candidate must reside within Yaba and it’s environs.
- Do not apply if you do not reside within yaba and it’s immediate environs.