Wartsila is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2018, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world. We are recruiting a suitable candidate to join our team in the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Mechanical Plant Technician
Location: Ewekoro, Ogun
Function: Contract Delivery
Job Category: Engineering
- Responsible for economical and safe maintenance of the plant during the designated shift. To comply with all safety regulations including isolation, lock out and tag out.
- Responsible for maintaining the machines and auxiliary equipment in good conditions of cleanliness, take the necessary steps for the prevention and correction of the found abnormalities.
- Reconditioning of engine components, overhaul of engine components
- Participate in all major overhauls of engine components and auxiliaries
- Be able to isolate and prepare for the stopping and starting of engines, be able to resolve possible flaws that occurs during the starting and stopping.
- Carry out corrective inspections of all mechanical, pneumatic and electrical equipment and supervision of the engines.
- Reset alarmed equipment on plant panels, be able to identify the alarms which occurred in the electric panels and equipment protection and to correct all abnormalities that occur in this equipment.
- Be able to assemble and disassemble completely and clean internal components of the lubricating oil and heavy oil separators, be able to identify abnormalities that occur in these referred separators, presenting probable solutions.
- Be able to identify and locate all existing sensors and transmitters of pressure and temperature of the engines and their auxiliary equipment, knowing how to test them and to substitute them if necessary.
- Be able to identify and correct abnormalities that occur to the excitation systems of the engines as well as the test the protection and supervision equipment of these excitation systems.
- Maintenance of machine tools, fixtures, cutting tools and hand tools.
- Sub assembly work
- Reporting of the work
- To clean and keep the working area in good order
- Proposals for spare parts order stock, stock keeping and inventory making, arranging of arriving goods
- All other tasks as assigned by Line Manager.
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND) /Higher National Diploma (HND) in Mechanical Engineering Discipline.
- Experience: Relevant experience in power plant operations and Maintenance required.
- Achieving required results in a timely fashion
- Making change happen
- Decisiveness and action orientation
- Planning and Target setting
- Developing self and others
- Communication skills
- Situational and Cultural sensitivity
- Business and Customer Focus
- Result Oriented.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
20th December, 2022.