Western Union Company, a leader in global payment services, in 2015 celebrated its 20th anniversary in Africa. With over 34,000 locations and connections to millions of bank accounts and mobile wallets in more than 50 countries and territories across Africa, the Western Union network serves millions of senders and receivers with a choice of 120 currencies.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Manager, Operations
Ref No: 1705405
- We’re seeking a Regional Operations Manager, based in our Lagos, Nigeria office. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring availability of Money Transfer services and new products with Network Agents in assigned regions.
- You will continuously monitor and improve service quality at POS to deliver superior service to consumers, creating customer loyalty and generating business growth.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
- Coordinate the agent activation process, ensuring agent’s readiness in legal, operational and technical aspects, software installation and initial and ongoing training of agent’s staff (CSC, back office, POS, as well as “train the trainer”).
- Ensure network agents are in full compliance with worldwide operating policies and service standards. Manage and implement quality assurance programmes.
- Manage POS audits, define subsequent strategy for improvement and ensure implementation at the agent level.
- Manage various projects to ensure efficiency and cost saving at the agent level while maintaining optimum service quality (e.g. Gateway integration, project management, loyalty card)
- Actively contribute to Country Management by identifying opportunities and providing operational advice and expertise to Marketing, Country Managers as well as other functional areas.
- Key contact between WU departments and agents on all matters related to the operations/service aspect of the business, e.g. communications to the agents, implementation of procedures, software upgrades.
What you will need to succeed:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in operations and/or training and/or quality
- University degree
- Good understanding of today’s technology standards (PC-level, software, telecom, network systems, Digital Money Transfer, Mobile Banking, Mobile Money Transfer)
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently at all levels of the organisation, with consumers and agent staff at level of location
- High, unquestionable integrity
- Team player emphasis
- Very strong interpersonal qualities
- Very strong presentation skills
- Ability to travel
- Good understanding of financial market and banking operations (75% of our agents are banks)
- Basic understanding of telecommunications and very good computer skills (usage, configuration, installation)
- Proactive and able to work independently and within a team
- Good analytical skills
- Project Management skills
What will make you stand out:
- Fluency in English, Spanish / Portuguese or French is a plus
- Experience in sales and/or key account management
What’s in it for You?
- Competitive global pay and benefits
- Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
- Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply