Whitfield Ventures Limited is a global trading company with an active presence in Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia.We have pioneered and specialized in supplying Nigeria and West African clients with globally sourced products and services that are critical to laying the foundations for a modern economy. Inversely, we also distribute locally sourced raw and processed agricultural products from West Africa to the world.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Assurance Supervisor
Location: Kirikiri Apapa, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- Responsible for the overall management and strategic direction of the Food Safety, Quality Assurance, and Quality Control functions and safety standards of food products and food manufacturing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Overall Responsible for assuring that Company is in full compliance with client specifications, FSMS (Food safety management system) as well as BRC international food standards, QMS (quality management system), GMP (good manufacturing practices), Standard operating procedures, Food Safety throughout the manufacturing operation and facility.
- Overseeing the management of the documentation system, investigations, root cause analyses, and corrective actions.
- Ensure the organization’s processes and systems are adequate to implement, achieve, and maintain BRC certification, government requirements & other regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the organization’s processes and systems are adequate to implement, achieve, and maintain BRC certification. Responsible for the correct recording and filing of all relevant record logs and Documentation.
- Ensure the organization’s processes and systems are adequate to implement, achieve, and maintain BRC certification.
- Support with periodic HACCP reviews, implementation of food safety/quality data collection records.
- Support and mentor sanitation group, in order to improve sanitation and micro-testing products and environmental monitoring, in accordance with food safety/quality standards.
- Management of documentation filing, internal auditing, and management of the communication of quality information both internally and externally.
- Ensure that all internal Operational Department (Production, Maintenance, Sales & Operations Planning, and Procurement) needs are met by the Food Safety/Quality Department. For example: working closely with Sales & Operations Planning Manager to optimize the timely release of a product; working closely with Maintenance Manager to oversee hygienic practice during industrial maintenance.
- Taking charge of identifying and analyzing the causes of product failure, proposing solutions and corrective actions, and continuously improving the manufacturing methods Act as a leader in customer audits in 3rd party audits such as BRC certification and reassessment audits.
- Responsible to develop and review quality and safety policies and manage audits by third-party inspectors.
Minimum Qualifications / Job Requirements:
- B.Sc / HND in Food Science & Technology, Science Lab Technology, Biochemistry.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Quality Management and with previous experience in handling Quality Management for the food industry (Fruit & Juice)
- Adequate knowledge on the quality certification standards such as ISO, FSSC, etc.
- Should have a practical approach in adhering to systems and processes
- Thorough Knowledge of Food Safety systems, GMP, GLP, Auditing, Compliance, Training, Food testing (including sensory), basic regulatory knowledge
- Good at networking with key regulatory bodies such as SON, NAFDAC, etc.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 15th February, 2021.
Note: Only qualified candidates would be contacted.