Whyte Cleon Limited – Our client, in the insurance sector seek to engage a highly professional individual for the position below:
Job Title: Asset Manager
The Asset Manager will manage the group’s surplus cashflows and existing investment assets, shareholder investments, policyholder investments and assets under management on behalf of customers. He will:
- Develop and implement short and long term investment strategies, policies and operating procedures
- Invest and manage all assets of the group and subsidiaries, undertaking periodic portfolio rebalancing to help reduce the over-exposure to investment properties
- Make Group company/Asset Management profitable as a stand-alone and able to pay the salaries of all the group executives
- Develop and implement profitable third party asset management opportunities
- Develop and implement collective investment schemes, such as mutual fund
- Identify and secure suitable source of long term capital for the Group
- Acquire and/or develop a strong research capability
- Manage relationship with investors
- Monitor operational effectiveness and effect changes required for improvement
- Knowledge of the organization’s industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with the business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the unit’s risk appetite and risk management framework
- Knowledge of the investment business and ability to analyze and evaluate asset types, market and industry trends, major issues, and regulatory considerations
- Knowledge of processes, tools, and techniques used for analyzing market risk; ability to assess and manage investment exposures to market risk
- Knowledge of asset and liability tools, techniques and business practices; ability to manage, measure, and monitor risks associated with assets and liabilities.
- Knowledge of pricing tools, techniques and methods; ability to assess analytical and pricing models through the use of statistical principles
- Sound knowledge and experience in strategic asset allocation strategy, currency hedging programmes, alternative investments, multi-assets portfolio construction and active research and selection experience
- Knowledge of rates and inflation markets (cash and derivatives) and active trade idea generation.
- Proven track record of successfully managing a company’s securities, real estate and other assets.
- Good analytical and managerial skills.
- A Bachelors’ degree in Banking and Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or any other relevant discipline.
- Professional certification as a Chartered Financial Analyst.
- Professional certification in Accounting is desirable.
- Evidence of formal training in Strategic Asset Management, Business Development, General Management, Financial Analysis or Investment Banking.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ work experience in financial services industry with focus on investment banking, financial markets and asset management, four (4) of which must have been spent at Senior Management level.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date: Not Specified