Whyte Cleon Limited – Our client, a full service commercial and litigation practice law firm based in Lagos Nigeria, seek to engage a legal professional individual for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Associate – Commercial Litigation & Insolvency
- The candidate is responsible for developing and executing a Strategic Plan for the Corporate Litigation & Insolvency team aimed at identifying new business opportunities and sustaining long- term profitable relationships with existing clients
- Understand the client’s business and maintain continuous engagement with key executive stakeholders within target client organizations.
- Advising in relation to and representing clients in commercial litigation & insolvency matters
- Negotiate contracts, ensure financial success and monitor quality of service delivery on all client cases and transactions.
- Leading and proactive participation in individual, team and office-based business development initiatives.
- Coordinate and actively lead all business development efforts and initiatives towards the growth of the department.
- Provide legal advice on transactions
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with clients
- Draft and review Legal documents and Agreements
- Represent Client in courts (within & outside Lagos)
- Keep abreast of regulations, legislations, government policies and other developments that may affect the operations, business goals and objectives of the firm
- Be required to stay updated with information related to the laws and legal processes
- Ensuring files are managed in compliance with the Firms’ procedures.
- Be able to provide, sound quality technical advice and guidance to clients at short notice when necessary
- Engage in industry networking events to further develop market knowledge and business relationship o Ensure department and firm wide performance goals are met o Assisting junior members of the team in a supervisory capacity on more complex cases
- Work in concert with the Managing Partner and Management Team to achieve Unit objectives and deliverables.
- Report directly to the Managing Partner and perform all other duties as shall be advised by same.
- LL.B/B.L (LLM is an advantage).
- Minimum of 8 years’ post qualification active experience in commercial litigation & insolvency.
- In-depth industry knowledge in Legal & Business Advisory, Regulatory & Compliance, and general commercial litigation experience
- Strong client focus and Good eye for detail
- Be a self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle competing deadlines
- Must possess excellent legal drafting and document review skills
- Excellent analytical and observation skills
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills
- Must have the ability to undertake in-depth legal research on all legal issue
- Excellent negotiation, team building and presentation skills
- Excellent communication (both written and oral), interpersonal, negotiation and organizational skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified