Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a not-for-profit, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) that was founded in 2004 by Josephine Ogazi and Joseph Egwuonwu. WEWE started out as a Community Based Organisation (CBO) with the aim of providing scholarships and economic empowerment to orphans and widows in Okigwe, Imo State and has since expanded its aims and objectives.
WEWE is registered as a national NGO with CAC under incorporated trustees and its registration number is CAC/IT/NO33132. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sustainability Subject Matter Expert (Consultant)
Employment Type: Full-time
Period: 35 days staggered between July and December 2021
- WEWE desires to hire a short term consultant who believes in growing and supporting local organizations, believes that not all Nigerian NGOs are corrupt, believes in the ingenuity of the Nigerian and that the best of the Nigerian can be better than the rest. Someone who shares.
- WEWE’s ideologies as listed below:
- We want to be the most financially clean and compliant local NGO in Nigeria and Africa.
- We want to prove to the world that not all Nigerian NGOs are corrupt and we want to be an example (An Ambassador) of a credible NGO in Nigeria and Africa.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
To build the capacity of local Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) across Nigeria in the following areas:
- Resource Mobilization Planning, Resource Mobilization Personnel, Knowledge of Theory of Change (ToC)/Value for Money.
- Proposal writing and development, project costing and budget development.
- Organizational fiscal sustainability and revenue generation, Fundraising planning and Report writing.
- Conducting organizational assessment for local Nigerian Civil Society. Organizations (CSOs) in the area of organizational sustainability.
- Local Resource Mobilization (Proposal writing).
- Developing a resource mobilization strategy.
- Developing a succession plan.
- Knowledge on how to use Organizational Capacity Assessment Tool (OCAT) particularly in the area of sustainability capacity domain.
- Knowledge of how to write a capacity development plan for local civil society in the area of sustainability.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
A graduate with Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma or its equivalent in any social science or related fields.
- Evidence of carrying out organizational capacity assessments for local civil society organizations (CSOs).
- Evidence of developing capacity development plans.
- A postgraduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of Nine (9) years’ experience in Organizational Development duties.
- Well-organized, with the ability to track multiple activities and deadlines.
- Must Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Evidence of strong report writing skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter in only one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 5th July, 2021.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional references.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.