Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a not-for-profit, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) that was founded in 2004 by Josephine Ogazi and Joseph Egwuonwu. WEWE started out as a Community Based Organisation (CBO) with the aim of providing scholarships and economic empowerment to orphans and widows in Okigwe, Imo State, and has since expanded its aims and objectives. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer (Trainee Program)
Duration: 1 Year Program
- The Incorporated Trustees of Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) is implementing a one (1) year Graduate Trainee Program for talented graduates of Higher Institutions to start their careers in the NGO sector.
- WEWE has a ‘Trainee Program’ where we offer on-the-job training to talented/award-winning individuals, who have no previous NGO working experience and would like to gain experience working on international donor-funded projects: e.g., USAID, US CDC & EU; and learning about NGO issues in relation to the position highlighted above.
- Are you a talented/award-winning person? then we are looking for you, we encourage you to apply.
- Do you have the following?
- A Second Class Upper (2.1) and above or Upper credit in any Management Science Degree?
- Are you currently working in a private firm?
- Have you received awards for best staff or student?
- Do you have an interest in transferring from working in the private sector to the NGO Sector, where you will gain experience working with United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/US Center for Disease Control-funded projects?
- If Yes, then we are looking for you, we encourage you to apply.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- S/he will assist in proper inventory management of office supplies, equipment, and facilities.
- S/he will assist to collaborate with hotel management and other vendors in the reservation of accommodation and provision of all required services at meetings and training.
- S/he will assist in immediate repairs of faulty equipment, furniture, and appliances to avert further degeneration and ensure that they reach their expected life span or are replaced if required.
- S/he will assist to maintain and support office operations and administration in Abuja and the state office in an efficient manner.
- S/he will assist to coordinate and collaborate with the project drivers, security personnel, and cleaner to ensure that the standards of an enabling working environment are provided and maintained for staff, to enable them to discharge their duties.
- S/he will assist to support in market surveys, collection of quotes, and preparation of Quote Analysis/Justification, purchases, and follow-up on vendors for collection of receipts and invoices from vendors on all transactions.
- S/he will assist in monitoring the shipment, and production, and ensuring that the data remains maintained and updated in the system.
- S/he will assist in the preparation of all the inventory-related reports, answer all routine queries, and provide much-needed support for the operations, logistics, accounting, and other teams.
- S/he will assist to review all the shipment documents and verify the details to make sure that they are complete and accurate.
- S/he will assist to review the shipment transactions and ensure that the receipts are posted in a timely manner is accountable for reconciliation activities so that the inventory records are validated and are actively involved in the resolution of issues.
- S/he will assist to take daily inventory of the assigned supply, requisitions, and restock of supplies.
- S/he will assist to rotate the stock and ensure that the stored area is clean and maintained up to date by the regulatory requirements.
- S/he will assist to monitor the usage of the stock and create reports related to its utilization.
- S/he will assist to verify the accuracy of receipts, transfers, etc., by conducting detailed audits of the product inventory regularly and constantly monitoring the movement of the inventory and identifying if any shortages are seen when compared with the physical inventory data.
- S/he will assist to be accountable for packing and stocking the shelves.
- S/he will assist to manage the shipments, monitoring the damaged products, recording all incoming materials, scheduling meetings, and booking conference rooms.
- Assist in Confirming and retagging all WEWE’s assets.
- Graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree or HND in any Social or Management Science or a relevant field from a recognized higher institution.
- Must have a second-class upper or first-class or upper credit or distinction from a recognized higher institution of learning.
- Must have 1-2 years’ working experience as an administrator or related role.
- Very strong report-writing skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work long hours when needed.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Technology suave i.e., the ability to use social media handles, the internet send an email, etc.
- Evidence of computer skills; office management software like MS Office, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Salary and Benefits:
The benefits of the trainee positions are:
- Salary between N50,000 – N100, 000 monthly to cover transportation costs, meals, incidentals, and pension.
- After a successful interview and performance evaluation, trainees are eligible to apply for full-time positions in WEWE subject to vacancies and availability of funds.
- Opportunity for in-house job certificated training(s) on the required position for NGOs including statutory compliance for NGOs, and resource mobilization for NGOs.
- A certificate of completion.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining their suitability for the job, to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
31st March, 2023.