Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a reputable national indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a USAID-funded Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project called Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Nigeria (LOPIN-2) in partnership with local and international organizations as well as different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and levels.
WEWE seeks application from qualified persons for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Grant Manager
- We are soliciting for a Grant Manager to fill the job vacancy in a USAID funded project called “Local Partner initiatives for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (LOPIN) Project”. We are currently on the fourth year of the implementation.
- We are currently soliciting for an individual who has God’s calling on their lives and passion to help widows and orphans. The job will entail managing 10 sub-grantees under WEWE-LOPIN 2.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5 years’ experience in USAID grants design and administration, management and oversight
- Experience previously working on USAID projects in the role of a Grants Manager position or similar capacity
- Familiarity with USAID Grants Management policies and procedures
- Professional accounting designation such as ACA/ACMA/ACCAor equivalent
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance is an added advantages.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV’s and Cover Letters in ONLY one attachment (MS word document) explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected] Please, indicate the title of the position applied for in the subject line of the email.
Job Title: Board Member
- We wishes to recruit more members into its Board of Incorporated Trustees for a renewable 2-year term.
- We are looking for individuals who share in the below ideologies and who see helping vulnerable populations such as widows and OVC as a calling from Almighty God
The organization’s core ideologies are: We believe that;
- The change the world wants to see may be hidden in the life and destiny of an orphan and vulnerable child (OVC).
- One child who is an orphan or vulnerable child could be the one that has the destiny to positively change a Nation such as Nigeria.
- We can be used by God to significantly contribute to improving the lives of millions of widows, orphans, vulnerable children & other vulnerable populations in Nigeria & Africa.
- We need to be the best and continually striving to beat our yesterday’s performance.
- In this Nation Nigeria, we have highly skilled Nigerian professionals that can come together to show forth our spirit of excellence and ingenuity.
- We want to be the most financially clean and compliant local NGO in Nigeria and Africa.
- We want to prove to the world that not all Nigerian NGOs are corrupt and we want to be an example (An Ambassador)of a credible NGO in Nigeria and Africa.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Roles and Responsibilities of WEWE Board of Incorporated Trustees include to:
- Attend quarterly board meetings in Abuja
- Provide leadership, and governance oversight functions
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the Executive Director (ED) as s/he develops and implements WEWEs strategic plan,
- Review WEWE’s annual progress and performance reports,
- Approve WEWE’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions,
- Contribute to an annual performance evaluation of the ED,
- Assist the ED and the Board Chair to identify and recruit other Board Members,
- Partner with the ED and board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out,
- Serve on committees or task forces and to take on special assignments, representing WEWE to stakeholders,
- Act as an ambassador for the organization
- Raise funds for WEWE operation by supporting proposals writing and local fund raising.
- Have over 10 working years of experience in leadership positions such as being a head of unit/department/division, Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, and Chief Executive Officer or Top manager
- Be a professional i.e. Chartered accountants, auditors, senior lawyers, medical doctors, and public health practitioner, bankers, financial experts, senior programmer in HIV prevention, social scientist, social worker, child psychologist, registered nurse. This list is not exhaustive, once you are a certified/registered professional in any field it’s an advantage.
- Have individual tax clearance for the last three years from Federal or State Inland Revenue service as this is a new requirement from Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS)
- A candidate whose home base is in Abuja FCT, has an added advantage
- Widows/widowers who are professionals and have experience are encouraged to apply
Benefits of being a board member include opportunities to:
- Learn what works and what does not work well for growing a credible NGO
- Gain new experience in the development sector, particularly about USAID-funded project especially their rules and regulations
- Serve and fulfill your calling to help widows and orphans
- Service on WEWE’s board is without remuneration or any financial benefit, except for administrative support, travel and accommodation costs in relation to Board Members’ duties subject to availability of funds.
- In addition WEWE has a conflict of interest policy which states that Board Members’ family members and relatives and any related party cannot work or benefit from WEWE financially.
- In addition WEWE does not give sitting allowance for attending meetings.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letters in ONLY one attachment (MS word document) to: [email protected]
Job Title: QuickBooks Enterprise Software Expert – Consultant
Locations: Abuja, Akwa-Ibom and Rivers
Duration of Assignment: The assignment is to be completed within three (3) months from the date of the official signing of the contract.
- We are soliciting for a consultant with expertise in QuickBooks Enterprise Accounting Software Development Training and Usage.
Requirements on Deployment/Training
- Deployment/installation of QuickBooks Enterprise Accounting Software to the State Offices, Akwa lbom, Rivers and Abuja
- Conduct systems (hardware/software) requirement checks for HQ and State Offices
- Conduct network requirement checks (bandwidth)
- Conduct server capability requirement checks
- Install QuickBooks on staff systems
- Link and test now users connectivity between the server and the staff systems
- Create chart of accounts in compliance with International Financial Revenue Service
- Training of States/Abuja finance staff on the usage of QuickSooks Accounting Software including training materials.
- Upgrade of QuickBooks users to 10 in the Abuja office.
- Create users with access privileges
- Provide free support services after consultancy for a given period
- Replicate all accounts codes in the HQ in all the state offices.
- Create customers and vendors ledger in the state offices.
- Create other Ledger accounts in the state offices
- Create reports modules in compliance with Donor requirements.
- The consultant must be an accountant or have experience in accounting software.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in deploying QOiclc8ooks, installation, training and usage.
- Conduct presentation to WEWE management staff before deployment inAbuja.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Evidence of experience in QuickBooks training.
- Demonstrated experience in working with NGO’s accounting policy and procedures
- Verifiable professional reference with regard to proficiency in QuickBooks.
- Highly motivated and committed to the values of transparency and integrity
List of Deliverables:
- The consultant will provide hard and soft copies of QuickBooks manual with full training reports including photographs
- Increase QuickBooks enterprise 2015 from five (5) users to Ten (10) users
- Agenda for the meeting and minutes of the training
- Minutes of relevant meetings with WEWE-LOPIN 2 staff.
- Profiles of engagement team and what they will be doing
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV’s and Cover Letters in ONLY one attachment (MS word document) explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected]Please, indicate the title of the position applied for in the subject line of the email and provide your functional emails/mobile phone number on your CV as well as that of your three referees.
- WEWE’s recruitment process will be on a rolling basis and WEWE reserves the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.
- WEWE is an equal opportunity employer, which does not discriminate based on tribe, state of origin within Nigeria, religion, age, sex, race or different physical ability. WEWE does not require that this information is included in your application and it will not be used as selection criteria.