Willco Property Management is a leading property servicing company, providing service excellence in integrated facilities management, property management and maintenance solutions via our corporate divisions; WPM & WMS. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for an Accountant to perform daily accounting and administrative support to the company’s finance department.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for full function accounting duties managing expense reports and reimbursements, entering financial transactions into our internal database, reconciling invoices, and monthly reporting.
- Perform various account analyses and reconciliations.
- Utilize accounting systems in capturing and maintaining information (creditors, debtors, payroll, assets) via billing system, spreadsheet, and presentation software
- Verify supporting documents for validity, accuracy, and completeness and capture the payments and/or receipts on the accounting system
- Perform General Ledger reconciliations (including bank, suspense, and interdepartmental accounts)
- Upload and verify payment transactions (including; transfers, payroll transactions, etc.) correctly classified, and supported by appropriate source documentation
- Make supplier payments in accordance with instructions from Management and suppliers age analysis
- Ensure all Statutory returns are accurately submitted on due dates once they have been reconciled.
- Perform credit control functions and provide reports as required.
- Ensure all statements of accounts, service charge apportionment, and power billings are prepared and issued monthly to customers.
- Monitor and track all receivables due to the company
- File, store, retrieve and safeguard all accounting source and face value documents.
- Manage the issuing, recording, reconciliation, replenishment, safeguarding, and accounting of petty cash
- Analyze and set up accounting controls for the company
- Apply basic accounting knowledge and techniques to all areas of work, including routine costing and variance analysis
- Ensure implementation of departmental compliance to the company’s established policies, procedures, and other external regulatory standards
- Provide clerical and general support to Finance Manager as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Three to five years accounting experience
- Must be analytical
- Advanced hands-on experience with MS Excel and accounting software
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Works independently, exercises creativity, is attentive to detail and maintains a positive attitude.
- Willing and quick to learn new concepts
- Completes work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
- Maintains confidentiality of all financial and other information.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge and awareness of the application of relevant accounting standards.
- Must demonstrate the ability to meet /exceed the accounting departments’ KPIs.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 21st July, 2021.