Willers Solutions Limited is a fast paced business management solutions firm with an array of value offerings to Corporate organisations. We work in all major sectors of the economy engaging highly trained and sector-experienced Consultants. Willers Solutions Limited is an indigenous firm with cutting edge value proposition geared towards value maximisation. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Employment Type: Full-time
- To support the Finance Department by managing daily accounting tasks.
- You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances
- To manage the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department. Preparation of invoices, purchase orders, payment vouchers, requisitions, etc.
- Oversee accounts payable and receivable.
- Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable processes including entering daily invoices / bills / journal entries.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Review aging reports and follow up with Customers regarding overdue balances.
- Follow up on WHT remittances.
- Analyze expenses to evaluate cost cutting opportunities to drive value to the portfolio companies.
- Communicate with vendors and clients concerning billing and transactions. General ledger
- Manage general ledger and carry out month-end and year-end close out processes, reconciliation of journal entries.
- Perform all related accounting functions required to maintain the general ledger in compliance with IFRS and company policy and procedures.
- Coordinate month-end and year-end closing activities to ensure timely reporting as well as assist with yearly public audits.
- Review financial and accounting records and correct errors as required. Analyze and review all postings into the ERP, Prepare and post adjusting journal entries where required.
- Oversee accounting operations, review, and reconcile journal entries, transactions, and financial activities, monitor and review accounting documents for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with Federal and state regulations.
- Assure journal entry information is complete and accurate and verify accuracy of supporting documentation. Fixed assets Management
- Maintains the fixed assets register and ensure entries and records are up to date.
- Update the Fixed asset register with new additions, disposals, revaluations etc. Inventory management
- Obtain thorough overview of inventory for the group.
- Periodic Reviews of inventory transactions, ensure accuracy, accurate posting, and warehouse analysis.
- Carry out regular intermittent Spot counts, prepare Monthly inventory status reports.
- Carry out regular Bin card checks.
- Establish and execute internal controls to monitor, track stock and prevent leakages.
- Regular review of inventory ledgers, reconciliation to ensure Stock issues, purchases and all inventory movement have been recorded on the ERP.
- Regular Reconciliation of inventory ledger balances to physical quantities. TAX, audit Regulatory & Compliance
- Liaise with external Auditors, Tax Auditors as required for the preparation of financial analyses and reports.
- Responsible for researching, registering, and ensuring compliance with all state and Federal tax requirements.
- Oversee annual external audits and monthly and annual tax filings.
- Monthly and periodic computations and reports of monthly payables for FIRS & LIRS for the group, as well as total outstanding for the group
- Responsible for Monthly filing for VAT, WHT, PAYE and all applicable taxes
- Thorough overview of all compliance issues, licenses and certification required by the group.
- Monthly status reports on all compliance related issues. Responsible for overall tax and statutory compliance status of the group.
- Preparation of monthly payroll, statutory payroll deductions and pay slips.
- B.Sc or HND in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 7 years Accounting experience.
- Solid analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work with multiple departments.
- Excellent time management and ability to meet required reporting deadlines.
- Knowledge of financial statement reporting and internal controls.
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Working Knowledge of tax laws.
- Strong Financial analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate reports/updates in both written and oral formats as at when due.
- Other knowledge / experiences could be added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Accountant” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 20th August, 2022.