Willers Solutions Limited – Our client, a reputable firm is currently recruiting suitably and qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Plant Supervisor
Location: Lagos Mainland, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Product Segment: Paint & Coatings etc.
Functionally Reports to: Production Manager
Administratively Reports to: General Manager
- This job description is only a directive to facilitate and to bring clarity of your role and expectation of the Management out of it.
- You may also be assigned jobs other than this as and when need arise. Also management can make changes in the Job Description as per the need of the business and time and the same will be communicated to you through appropriate medium.
- At any point of time if you feel that your job description is not relevant to the job you are performing please feel free to approach your FRT / HR and we will take the necessary action accordingly.
- Any approach of taking excuse from a necessary job by saying that it is not mentioned in the description will be considered as a violation of your professional conduct and may be treated as indiscipline.
- Plant Supervisor’s Job is to supervise manufacturing staff, coordinate and cooperate with various cross-functional team for smooth operations of plant.
- A production manager is responsible for maintaining the accurate quality and quantity control to ensure the on-time delivery of produced products in order to satisfy the clients.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Duties include the following, measurable in terms of time, cost, quality or quantity.
- Strategic Responsibility – To set the direction of the plant operation, achieve monthly / weekly / daily production plan, and prepare action plans for self and individual team members.
- Day to Day Management – To supervise daily shop floor operations and achieve production targets as specified on daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- To maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources;
- To facilitate corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- To ensure shop floor compliance with hygiene and safety standards.
- To ensure day to day coordination among various functions for planning, procurement from other plants, production & dispatch planning as per customer requirements.
- To plan for Manpower as per shop-floor operations and job allocation for the people on less production days.
- Operational Targets – To ensure key projects tracking on a continuous basis and submit periodical update to management.
- To handle, work priorities and allocating resources to meet the assigned shop floor timelines and goals.
- To enforce discipline, punctuality and safety as part of conduct among staff.
- To do periodic audit inspection and ensure housekeeping, safety, personnel hygiene and environmental compliance through implementation of EHS.
- Key Projects – To follow new projects as and when assigned for improvement and take responsibility for its successful execution after approval from Factory Manager and GM Operations.
- People Management – To manage effective communication by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff, providing of formal and informal feedback on performance and training needs – in order to maximize subordinate and department performance.
- Reporting – To prepare all applicable reports in time for accuracy and in order to ensure that they match the functional requirements, policies and standards.
- Safety Health & Environment – To ensure compliance to all relevant safety, health and environmental procedures across the department in order to promote a healthy and safe work environment.
- Related Assignment – To perform other related duties or assignment as and when assigned.
- Bachelor degrees (Paint / Chemicals / Chemistry) with hands-on experience in handling paint / coating shop floor.
- The applicant must have good knowledge about ISO, HACCP and Other applicable international standards.
- Experience of minimum 5 years and more would be needed with team handling experience of minimum 10 – 20 people.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV ‘Ms Word Format” to: email@example.com using “Plant Supervisor” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 31st January, 2021,
Note: only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.